TOO FAR: Americans have lost their se...

TOO FAR: Americans have lost their sense of humor

There are 24 comments on the Public Opinion story from Feb 21, 2010, titled TOO FAR: Americans have lost their sense of humor. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Uh, oh, shut it down. Shut it down, man. They're swearing! In what has become one of the most inane controversies, Shaun White and his coach, Bud Keene, have somehow been cast as some sort of trash-mouthed jocks after the two were overheard cursing prior to White's last run in Olympic snowboarding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Sterling, VA

#28 Feb 22, 2010
Snostar1997 wrote:
I must be dumb or out of touch, but can someone tell me, what's a double mick?
You're not dumb or out of touch, you, like me, are just not watching the Olympics. I think it's a nickname for the stunt that Shaun White did in the Olympics - a couple or three twists on the snowboard, if I understand it correctly.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#30 Feb 22, 2010
I watched this happen and was struck by the look on the coaches face, a combination of joy, adoration and pride in his athlete. Their faces were a foot apart and NBC HAD to have turned up their mikes to get their converstation at all, shame on them. I also think that People who listen to the conversation think they were talking about something sexual, when actually they were talking about what stunts he was going to do on his victory run. All that is in the conversation that is bad language is really just slang.

Here's what was said between Keene and White, as reported by Yahoo!

Keene: What do you want to do?

White: I don't know, man. Ride down the middle?

Keene: No, have some fun.

White: Drop a double mick?

Keene: Yeah, drop a double mick at the end. Do whatever you want and (expletive word) send that thing. Make sure you stomp the (expletive word) out of that thing.

Somerville, MA

#31 Feb 22, 2010
Thank you Mr Messner. Hopefully your balanced view will catch on. Too many people are way too uptight.
Fn A

Sugar Grove, IL

#32 Feb 23, 2010
If you don't want to hear men talking to one another watch men's figure skating. Those ladies are very proper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaun White Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Retrieving Yen (Dec '08) Jun '16 Help 11
Shaun White - Is He Gay ? (Jan '10) Feb '14 Kemp 98
shaun whites email (Dec '06) Feb '14 Myranda 107
News Shaun White to be sidelined with knee surgery (Jul '12) Mar '13 nathan bedford 3
shaun white (Jul '12) Jul '12 lanora steinbacher 1
News Extreme Sports Videos (Oct '09) Mar '12 Joe Krupinski 21
News How Olympic athletes pay the rent (Mar '10) Feb '12 Joe Krupinski 3
More from around the web