Correa for Transforming Higher Education in Ecuador
Correa for Transforming Higher Education in Ecuador QUITO - "It is necessary to change Higher Education," affirmed Ecuadorian president Rafael Correa, in his Saturday recount to citizens, on this occasion from Jipijapa, Manabi province.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Costa Rica.
#1 Apr 19, 2010
Now the question is, How is Correa going to do it. The president probabliy have to require the help of his venezuelan and Cuban counterparts to assess him in this matter. Higher education in Ecuador is at its lowest level. The confortable Stablishments of higher education whether Fiscal or private might have to be totally desmantalled to produce the type of change intended by Correa's government. If the change occurs, where are the highly educated ecuadorans going to work?. Migration probably increase again now with the "brain drain" what an investment. The under-employment in Ecuador still remains an issue. People that, with their own resources, have gone abroad to get an education, are quite frustrated for lack of employment to meet their level of education.
The solution is start improving elementary education becouse, it is there where the habits are being formed. Mr. Correa start looking at the cause not at the sympthom.
Since: Jan 10
#2 Apr 19, 2010
Well this is in line with Correa thinking.
1. We are in a draught situation, so lets build more hydro-electric dams/plants!
2. I don't like a private electric company so I am going to take it over and make it better. he did and the electrical rates went up 10%. Most poor people steal the electricity because they have no work, no job, and couldn't afford the old electric rates.
3. Correa wants to build a $4 million dollar park in the middle of no where, but can't spend that same $4 million for job creation.
4. He mandated that the minimum salary would be $340 a month, but companies laid people off instead of raising their salaries.
5. I have friends here who have been out of work for almost 4 years with no job offers in site.
6. Correa did not want the Empire to have a military base on sovereign Eduadorean soil and did not renew its contract, so now drugs are a huge problem Guayaquil. Police say the US military had equipment that they don't to find and detect drugs.
7. Correa got his Masters Degree from a university in the USA as an economist! Guess there was nothing good enough here at the time....
Add your comments below
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC