Winchester Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Winchester, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Winchester Law

Can I get back my license early on a 3 year revocation for 2nd DUI while on DUI probation and a BAC refusal.
They had my BAC level in court. I am getting both DUIs dismissed by completing a 1 year substance abuse program for a possession charge. Court will dismiss DUIs , possesion and end my probation upon graduation. I am almost halfway through DUI classes as well and 1.5 years into my revocation. I have proof from court and probation of continued sobriety through testing and monthly court progress appearances.
I don't think you will get it back early because of the refusal. Refusal established at DMV results in a 1 year...
How likely is it that I would be granted permission, to move out of California, on Probation (Interstate Compact Act)?
I was convicted of a 2nd DUI in CA after hitting another vehicle. I was given 4 years of Summary (Unsupervised) Probation. One of the requirements is I must obtain permission from the Probation Department per the Interstate Compact Act to leave/move out of state. I have been on Summary Probation for 19 months. I have completed all the court requirements: Paid fines fully, full restitution to the person I collided with, completed my 18 month DUI program, completed my MADD class, completed my work release. Everything required by the court is complete. I have family out of state and my wife can get a job out there. What are the chances I will be given permission to move? Do I need a lawyer or paralegal to handle to request from the Probation Department?
Why don't you just ask them first? Go to the probation department and talk to them about this. Good luck.
What does it mean if my DUI case shows "RELEASE HELD BENCH WARRANT" and shows "Active?"
I am on probation for a DUI i received in 2014. I didn't finish my DUI class for financial reasons and they terminated me from the program. Now my court case shows a bench warrant as active. I called and they said it is not an active warrant yet and I have put myself on calendar. What does this mean? Can I still be arrested?
It means you need to put yourself on calendar and ask the judge to re-refer you to the DUI program. Do this sooner...
Will a Dui arrest without a conviction prevent entry into Canada?
I was arrested for a DUI in May. I have a lawyer and and have not been convicted, but I was wondering if this will still prevent me from entering Canada while on vacation.
It definitely could. Canadian authorities will see that you have a DUI arrest and they'll want to know how the case...
What does it mean if my probation was revoked?
I didn't finish my DUI class. It was part of my probation terms and my plea deal. Now my court case says my probation has been revoked and a warrant has been issued. What does all of this mean?
It means that your probation is revoked and an arrest warrant issued. You could thus be arrested at any time....
What does program termination mean?
I was ordered to do 3 months of a first offenders class for a dui i received. I stopped going because I lost my job and could no longer afford it. My case online now says that I have been terminated from the program for delinquency in payment. What does this mean for my probation, my license, my case?
This is not good news. This means the court will issue a warrant. Your restricted license will be cancelled and your...
I just received a second DUI the end of july... I a appeared to my court date the officer wrote on my citation. Why is my case
What kind of action am I looking at? Its my second DUI but I also crashed my vehicle during this event no one got hurt and my blood alcohol level was 0.8. What are my options and I cant afford a lawyer?
Action? Indio? 30-45 days jail but the court may allow alternative sentencing or work furlough program. With a .08,...