Wethersfield Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Wethersfield, CT or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Wethersfield Law

Can you get arrested after your in a car accident??
I know Someone that crashed into a fence in a town getting off the highway. They asked for blood and urine too screen from the person. The person was issued a ticket but happend Saturday night. So wouldn't they have already came and gave her a DUI if the fox screen was positive for anything ?!
In many cases, a DUI arrest may not be made for several months following an accident. Assuming the toxicology screen...
Is possession of alcohol by a minor considered to be an alcohol-related offense in Connecticut?
I am applying for a work permit because my license is suspended for a few more months. I am 20 years old and need to drive to work everyday. However, my license was suspended for having unopened beer in my trunk. In the list of requirements to qualify for a work permit one of the requirements are no alcohol-related offences. Does this mean I can not get a work permit? Is that considered to be an alcohol-related offense? I don't want to pay the $100 application fee if I don't think I will be able to get the permit.
I don't believe you're reading it correctly. Yes it is an alcohol related offense but that is exactly what the work...
How do I get my license reinstated in CT if I'm required to get an IID installed and do not own a car?
I got a Second DUI on 9/26/2013 and got 1 year suspension and 3 years IID. I do not own a car, therefore I never got the IID installed. I waited the 3 years for the IID requirement to pass. Can I get my drivers license reinstated and get the IID requirement waived considering it's been more than 3 years.
Apply for Reinstatement and explain
Can a lawyer you hired represent you in court for a criminal matter, if her license was administratively suspended by the state.
Attorney I hired was administratively suspended for failure to pay client security fund fee. Can this attorney represent me in court proceedings
If her license is suspended, the short answer is no. You should look to retain alternate counsel. Bristol can be tough...
Can I reopen a 16 year old DWI case in Connecticut
I was recently denided a permit to purchase a hunting rifle in NH, the reason they gave me was a felony DWI in Ct. I dont think it should have been a felony. There was no personal or property damage.
You probably won't be able to reopen it. A pardon (expungement) would be best. Regardless, request your official...
How can my boyfriend get an earlier release date to parole from the Willard-Cybulski DUI program?
My boyfriend has been at Willard-Cybulski Correctional since mid-November for a 3rd DUI offense and will presumably be out at the end of April (50% of the mandatory min. of 1 year.) He's told me about other inmates with similar or greater charges spending much less time there. He is required to complete Tier II of the DUI program, and has said that other inmates were only required to do Tier I, despite drug charges in addition to their DUIs and also having been sentenced to a mandatory year. In his short time there he's seen men with 4+ DUIs come and go. He has been a model inmate - clean, respectful, attends and participates actively in all of his DUI classes - and has a stable job (a business we run together, where his absence is putting a strain on me and my ability to run it successfully) a place to live when he gets out, and two children from a previous relationship whose child support he can't pay while he's locked up with no income. What can he or I do to advocate for his release to parole before the end of April? Based on the short incarceration periods for other men with similar or worse charges and identical original sentences, I feel like there must something we can do.
Once he completes the Tier II program he will likely be eligible for the early release program. Until then I do not...
DUI in PA-- Does that effect CT License?
My husband was arrested for his 1st DUI in PA. He qualified for their accelerated program called ARD which hopefully will remove the DUI from his record once finished with the program. He refused the breathalyzer, and blood test. In PA, this refusal means he automatically would lose his license for 1 year. His PA lawyer recommended researching to see if this possibly may not effect his CT license.
His Connecticut license is suspended for 45 days, and he needs to put an Interlock Ignition device on his car for 1 year.