Dupont Circle Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Dupont Circle (Washington, DC) or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Dupont Circle Law

I want to file a motion to suppress in a DUI case.
I have a status hearing coming up. I don't want to plead guilty and go to trial, and I want to file a motion to suppress the evidence against me. Do I do that before the judge at the status hearing?
No. But you are foolish trying to do this on your own. You need a lawyer, and if you show up without one, the court is...
No probable cause to pull me over then give me a DUI
The police pulled me over because someone said I hit their car. But I didn't and there was no damage to either car. But they chased me and pulled me over and then charged me with a DUI. Is there a case I can use to say that police can't just pull you over because someone claims you hit their car?
You need an experienced DUI defense lawyer in the D.C. area to help you out on this one -- you have a chance at some...
Recently I was arrested for dui and driving while impaired,no detection of alcohol or drugs was found
I blew 000 on breathalizer, no drugs found in urine test, ticket also closed , no fine. However I didnt attend DMV hearing because I was unaware that I still had to go because my case was dismessed and the ticket was closed, DMV still revocked my license. What can I do?
You need to contact DMV and see if the decision can be appealed. It may help to have an experienced DUI attorney help...
Online SB38 offered through Tom Wilson. Does it work in DC?
Hello, I am inquiring about the online SB38 program offered through Tom Wilson. I will be moving to DC (for a job offer that I can't pass) in June, and have to sign-up and complete the online program simultaneously. I recently received my 2nd DUI in California, and have received approval from the court to take the online program. My question is this. Does the DMV in DC recognize this program as a qualification for satisfying the requirement to receive a DC driver's license? I know that the court will not have a problem, and that I wouldn't violate probation, but I also know that the California DMV may not recognize this program, and may not allow me to lift the suspension off my license. Does the DMV in DC honor this program? Do you think I will be able to get a DL in DC; in CA? Thanks.
Yes, DC DMV will honor the program. you should have no problem getting a license in DC as long as you have no...
I was pulled over and refused a breathalyzer in MD. It ended with a PBJ. Can I be refused a p&c insurance license?
I work for an insurance company, and I'm considering moving into a field that requires me to be a licensed agent. Before I leave one job for another, I want to be sure I can actually obtain a license. I will need to be licensed for multiple states.
Possibly, but you're going to need to speak to an administrative law attorney.
My younger brother was in a DUI driving a car I own. It's not insured to me, but to my dad. Do I need to do anything?
My brother was in a DUI and got 5 tickets at the scene. I am the registered owner but I haven't driven or touched the car in 2 years. My dad has insurance on it and I am not on the policy. I think I need to get the car from impound, but am I legally responsible for anything else?
I am not licensed in DC, but what the tickets were for may affect an answer to your question. What were the tickets for?
Do I need to surrender my California DL or can I get it reinstated?
I got a DUI just as I was moving out of CA to MD. CA suspended my license for 6 Mos but I was eligible for restricted home to work or unrestricted with IID. Court found a comparable AB1353 program but CA would not accept that and MD would not issue license while CA had suspension in place so I have not driven in 5+ months. Coming up on six mos and friend is saying to fill out a CA form DL4006 to surrender it and start all over in Maryland. I hate to give it up without knowing what MD will do but my calls to them never produce a real answer.
Hire an attorney in Maryland who can contact the MVA and figure out this issue. Calling MVA will likely get you no where.