Wainscott Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Wainscott, NY or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Wainscott Law

Is it possible to get my aggravated DWI case dismissed?
I was arrested for an aggravated DWI on halloween 2015, the sheriff arrested me and i was released and got a lawyer. The sheriff's department lost my paperwork that says that the breathalyzer was working correctly, and also there were some mistakes on my arrest report. My lawyer gave the sheriff's department 6 months to find my paperwork, which they didn't. After going to court dates every month for 6 months with nothing happening, they are finally negotiating a deal. My lawyer has been pushing me to get evaluated by TASC and is trying to work out a deal where I do TASC and they charge me with a violation instead of a misdemeanor. I don't really trust my lawyer and feel he is much too eager to help the DA and send me to TASC rather than get me the best deal. Is it possible this case could've been/can be dismissed? Or should I listen to my lawyer and go to TASC? He told me to make an appointment for evaluation with TASC and let him know when it was, that was 2 months ago and I haven't done it cause i want a second opinion, but also need to get this over with because it has been almost 9 months and i haven't even been sentenced yet. He hasn't even contacted me in months.
You should listen to your attorney. He has no interest in helping the DA. You are his client. A violation instead...
Can I get my dwi charges dropped to a reduced offense?
I was pulled over and was arrested after the officer did a sobriety test because he said my eyes were red (I was crying because I had broken up with my boyfriend when I got pulled over) he also did the breathalyzer four times and came up with the number 0.14 is there any way I can plea to a reduced offense other than a dwi, I have a clean record, there was no one else in the car, no car accident and I was coming from my friend's house, my last drink was at 10 pm and I got pulled over at 1 AM
In Suffolk County, blowing a .14 - the question isn't whether or not you've lost your license, the question is whether...
License Suspension in New York too?
I live in New York. My Drivers license is getting suspended in New Jersey for .09 DUI that I got in New Jersey. Will it be suspended in New York too? If so can I get a conditional license in New York so I can drive to and from work? Thanks, Anthony
If you are being suspended in NJ as a result of a DWI/DUI committed in NJ but you have a NY license, NJ will only be...
How can I petition the DMV for an ignition interlock to drive to work
DWI in 2011 - New York State - "D" Felony All fines paid All probation served Application denied DL
The answer to your question is to complex to be answered in this forum. The first thing you need to do is to retain...
Can a lawyer help me get my liscense back if I have 5 dwi in my lifetime and I got a letter saying I'm suspended indefinately?
Ive gotten 5 dwi's over a 20 year period my last one was 6 years ago I payed all my fines and reapplied for my liscense and was told I'm revoked indefinately.
It's very unlikely that you will ever get your license back. Driving is a privilege, not a right and you have proven...
Who is responsible for the vehicle not having an interlocking device the owner or my brother? And is military service an option?
My brother is looking at some serious time in NYS with a $200,000 bail, for a 2nd DUI, leaving the scene of an accident with injuries, and failing to having an interlocking device in his vehicle, The vehicle is not in his name though.
If your brother has the condition from his prior DWI plea to have an ignition interlock, then it does not matter who...
How do I get my car out of forfeiture hearing after DWI arrest in Long Island?
I was arrested for DWI in Nassau county. No accident and it's my first offense. I blew .14. The DA is trying to keep my car. Is the da successful in these hearings? What do I need to show or argue at the krimstock hearing? I am hiring a lawyer for the criminal charges but he said it would be another fee to handle the civil hearing. Any advice is appreciated.
Sometimes you can work out a deal and "buy" your car back. I think there are guidelines for when the seek forfeiture so...