Vicksburg Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Vicksburg, MS or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Vicksburg Law

Can I get a valid drivers license in MS after failing to complete community service, alcohol classes etc. from a DUI in CO
Pulled over for failure to use turn signal in an appropriate time to turn ratio. Pled guilty to DUI. Did three months. License not suspended at that time. Received 2 yrs probation, community service, fines etc. Upon release was unable to fulfill states requirements. Tried repeatedly to check in within 24hrs. Probation officer never available. Alternate PO not available. Living on streets of Denver. No money, no car, nowhere to go, nothing to eat for a week. Left state. That was over 11 yrs ago. License suspended now. Very stable now. Would very much like to have a valid drivers license. My question is > Do I still have to fulfill CO obligation in order to get a valid license in MS after 11yrs?
You will need to clear up your issues in CO. Almost all DMVs throughout the country share information through the...
Aggravated DUI and post conviction relief.
I live in Ms. My friend plead guilty to Aggravated DUI and was sentenced to 25 years, 5 suspended with supervised probation. This hugely out weighs many other Agg. DUI sentences in the area and in the state. The only ones I know it comes close to also involve either lying to police or other crimes. Even some of those are sentenced lighter. This was her second DUI offense, no prior felonies. There were no drugs, no weapons, she did not run. She did not lie. At the time of inditement she was given a public defender because of lack of funds. After the hearings I got a copy of defense discovery and found very discriminate and simply not true statements made by the defender. After the plea the assistant DA claimed that the reason for harsh sentence was because she left the scene. The truth is in the file with pictures and police statements. She was found at the victim's side crying. There is some who claim her victim was friends with the DA, another Judge and other officials in the city which she was sentenced. Now all I know we can do is post conviction relief. The defender of course refused and knowing what I know now we wouldn't want him, but we are still in the same financial position. I even returned to the Judge with copies of the file and now he refuses to respond. Please she is 26 years old. She did have a previous DUI, but was fleeing domestic abuse the day of the accident. What can we do with little to no money to pay. Plus, I have been told that most post convictions reliefs get denied or don't even get heard. Is there help?
First, I do not practice in MS. 25 years is not an unheard of sentence in a DUI where someone is killed. It is not...
How does mississippi county jail time work
My boyfriend got a 2nd dui a dui subsection a and child endangerment do to dui. It's a long story but two separate arrests and they charged him with 2nd dui for both. The second one he made them draw blood and when results came back it was not his blood type. So they took the officers statement that he had his perscription meds in the truck. That's where the sub section a and child endangerment came in. He was hit by a drunk driver and his background was run. They saw his previous dui. So long story short he got 188 days in county jail. Is that how much time he will serve or is it possible he will get out earlier. The website says dec 19. Are all county sentences in ms served to the full last day.
It appears that if the wrong blood was drawn, your bf has a case of getting all charges dismissed. Consult with a MS...
How can I get convicted of a dui when I blew under the limit...I blew a .07...
I was convicted of a horn lake desoto county...I got six months of probation...I also paid twelve hundred dollars on court date...and I also go a ignition lock in my truck along with masep ...VIP..classes and community service..and more money to dish out...
Most states have DUI laws with two parts. The first is called the per se DUI and it means you had an illegal BAC. To...
What will happen in court for suspended license? I have 2 pending cases for DUI and possession in other cities but not convicted
My license is suspended and I had a (non alcohol and non drug related) wreck. I did not hit anybody but had to be transported by ambulance due to my injuries. I have court in Hernando, MS. I am currently waiting to plea guilty to a drug possession and DUI. Would those charges (that I have not been convicted of) affect the judge's ruling?
I strongly suggest you speak to an attorney before making any decisions on pleading guilty
What happens when i get arrested for DUI while already on probation, in two different counties?
In February of this year, i was arrested for using a fake id on the Mississippi gulf coast (hancock county). i was completely sober but the charge still stood. I was given a year of informal probation. Basically the judge said i didn't have to report to an officer or anything, as long as i didn't get in trouble for a year my probation would be over and my record would be expunged. if not my original sentence would stand. Now, in Oxford MS, where i go to college, on the night of April 30/May 1 i was arrested for a DUI. I bailed myself out for a little under 200 dollars and now i am wondering: 1) what do i do next 2) what will my punishments most likely look like in court 3) how will this affect my probation
fairly simple answer. Hire a good attorney in Mississippi. They can hopefully help you on the new charge and see about...
What can happen in court with it being his first offence
My son was driving a friends car and they got pulled over for a busted tail light my son was not read his rights and as far as I know no testing was done but he was put in the cop car and taken to the police station then was released into my custody the charge they gave him was DUI/drugs- vapors.....they were telling me that he was slightly under the influence.
No miranda is required, unless they are going to use statments he made against him.. Your son needs an attorney now