Venice Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Venice, LA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Venice Law

If my probation paper tells me to abstain from alcohol but no where does it explicitly say anything about submitting to drug or alcohol tests is it based on the honor system at that point? I was wondering if I was okay to drink as long as I do not receive a citation or get arrested for anything drinking related. I was under the impression that if I was subjected to testing that it would be on the sheet somewhere which it is not. Thank you.
Probation could still call you in for an exit interview and you could be tested any time you have contact for classes,...
I got arrested for a dwi back in June and my license was suspended in October now I can get a hardship license for 3 weeks and pay 125 for it or just wait until January 29 until I can get my regular license back. My question is, if I wait to get my regular license do I have to use a SR22 form to get them? Oh, and I have only had my arraignment for my charges. It's a strong possibility my lawyer is going to keep pushing back my case
You need to contact an attorney in LA, but, the DMV can require you to jump through hoops like SR22 insurance policies....
The drunk driver was 100% at fault but his policy is only $15000 and my treatment and lost wages amount are going to go well over his coverage I did not have insurance but the no pay no play does not apply being he was drunk. What are my options to get all lost wages and treatment and everything else needed covered I have 2 broken bones in my leg and contusions all over my body what should I do
You don't have a lot of good options in this unfortunate circumstance. If the drunk has assets, then you should refuse...
What will happen when my 2 years is up I've done my anger management classes and I pay and see my po every month on time
Get your GED. I would not think your jail time or anger management classes will prevent this at all. Good luck to you.
For a first offense DWI. Plan to plead guilty
I am not licensed to practice in Louisiana, but if you were asking this question from California, where I am licensed,...
i feel wronged
Ya, you can apply for a hardship license until you an apply again to the state until get a full license back. You...
My father was in a car accident after consuming alcohol at a casino and the toxicology report stated he was 3 times over the limit. After researching the state of a person that is 3 times over the limit, I am very confused as to why they allowed my father to leave and drive away in that state. I need to know if this is negligence on their part or should I just let it go.
The casino is not responsible for your father's driving while intoxicated in Louisiana.