Tualatin Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Tualatin, OR or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Tualatin Law

My girlfriend recently met someone who provided her alcohol (she is 20) and then they proceeded to have sex. She was also drunk
Is there any form of legal action I can take against him for providing alcohol to a minor and essentially "rape"?
I guess the first question is did she consent to have sex or not? I think that's a question best left for her to decide.
What can I do when I've been told installing an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) in my hybrid vehicle cannot be performed safely?
I am in the middle of a DUII diversion case in WA county and just had my license reinstated. I made an appointment at a highly reputable, local IID shop and took in my electric/gasoline hybrid vehicle with push-button-start. An hour later, after taking the whole interior of the car apart, the shop manager informed me that the installation would require permanent damage/modifications to the vehicle. He also said that the installation may pose a safety issue, so he didn't feel comfortable completing it and refunded my money. A quick Google search has 0 results matching "hybrid IID installation". I'm reluctantly seeking a second opinion from another IID shop, due to concerns about honesty/transparency. Do I have to sacrifice the safety and integrity of my only car for this installation?
If you want a restricted license, you'll have to get an IID. This is the requirement for people who drive drunk, are...
I was charged with DUii the first time and I didn't have any other charges beside this one, but I'm only 19 years old.
Can I be eligible for diversion program? And if so, after completing the program I will not have a DUii on my record, or have is that work?
Generally, a first DUII will get a person eligible for diversion. However, not all first-time DUII's are eligible, such...
Arrested for DUII at midnight. Asked to call my 16yr son. Told no because my husband would tell him.
Deputy called husband before FST and arrest to take car. After Miranda I was denied call to son because they said my husband would call him. Husband did not and was not told to by deputy. Husband does not live with me or child due to domestic violence issues. Shouldn't I have got to call my son?
Worry, instead, about the DUI. That you were arrested does not mean that you are guilty nor that they can prove it....
Is this just a clerical error or what can I do about it?
I was charged with a DUII in Oregon. I went to my arraignment this past Monday and there was a statement on that piece of paper they give you that stated the State is objecting to Diversion because of a 2007 DUII conviction. First of all, that isn't me. This is my first DUII not my second. I spoke to the public defenders meadator and he said I needed to get an attorney to clear this all up, but why would they put someone elses wrap sheet in my file? Is this just a common mistake?
These types of mistakes are not "common," but they happen too often. As a former prosecutor, I can state that the...
What are the possible penalties for violating probation on a first time DUI, in WA State?
My son-in-law had a DUI in WA State in Feb 2010. Four months later, he was charged with DV and possession of pot (very small amount). He was at home (and was intoxicated) when this occurred, and the incident was minor. He did not strike my daughter, but held her wrists during a heated argument. That was enough. The DV was ultimately reduced to disorderly conduct, and final disposition was no jail time, no probation and a fine. Assuming fairly standard probation terms from his Feb DUI, what can he expect when he faces the court to answer for the DUI probation violation? Note: He has not had a drink in almost 6 months now, and has several character statements, as well as the support of his wife (my daughter). He is represented. Thanks.
This is a question about Washington, but you put it in the Oregon section. I'd try again in the Washington section.
Could I get Hawaii DUI dismissed through Oregon's diversion prog., or is there any other way to avoid the 3 yr SR22 requirement?
I was convicted of DUI in Hawaii, and have since been released from suspension there, however I am back in Oregon and they are requiring an SR22 to reinstate my Oregon license. I see that OR has a diversion program, and by reading the forms, it looks like I am not disqualified to file a motion to dismiss the charge. I just don't know how to go about trying, and if it will work or not. One clerk told me I won't even know that until I spend the hundreds of dollars and a year for the diversion program here. (Even though I did some of the assessments to reduce the fines in Hawaii, I did not do the year with alcohol-free tests). If Hawaii had a similar program, I was not informed, and when I arrived back in Oregon a year later expecting to get my license reinstated I discovered the SR22 and diversion program.
This is really a DUI question, so I am answering it to move it there so a DUI attorney can assist.