Thousand Oaks Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Thousand Oaks, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Thousand Oaks Law

Can I terminate probation early in Ventura County for DUI w/ injury if no restitution was ordered?
I've completed all the terms of my sentence for misdemeanor DUI w/ injury in Ventura County. I'm 18 months into my 36 months of probation and would like to terminate probation early. Restitution has never been ordered by the probation department. A civil case was filed and settled. I contributed to the civil settlement. Can I terminate probation early? Or should I expect the judge to ask the probation department to order restitution if I file a motion to terminate probation early?
Ventura County is not the friendliest of counties when it comes to criminal defendants. You might want to contact the...
Ventura County DUI court case dismissed, do I have to complete DUI program?
My DMV ADMINISTRATIVE PER SE - .O8% BAC NOTIFICATION OF FINDINGS AND DECISION and AMENDED ORDER OF RESTRICTION both clearly state that if convicted, I will be required to complete a DUI program. That indicates that as I was not convicted, (case was dismissed pursuant to PC 1385 ; re Can not prove beyond a reasonable doubt on the motion of People) I will not be required to complete the DUI program. That is my goal. But, stated on the back of the APS is "If I enroll and fail to participate, the department will suspend your driving privilege for up to four months”. If that's the case, can I get a restricted license for the term of that suspension, and not have to complete the DUI program? Will I require DMV form DS-702 and will I be forced to compel the DA/prosecutor to fill it out,?
First of all, congratulations on getting your case dismissed. As far as getting a restricted driver's license you...
I have heard that Ventura County will soon use ankle monitoring for dui offenders.
The work furlough program is going to close soon. Has any lawyers been able to get ankle monitoring for a 2nd or more Dui case yet, In Ventura county?
Is your question asking if Ventura County will allow someone to serve their mandatory jail time on a second or third...
I just got a letter from the Dmv stating my license is suspended for my 2nd dui for 1 year.
The letter says nothing about being able to get a restricted in 90 days with a interlock device and with enrollment in 18 month program. Does that mean I will not be able to get the restricted, The letter does not say a hard 1 year suspension. Or do I just go to the dmv when the 90 days is up and show prof of interlock, dui school and sr 22 and then can get my restricted?
As long as you otherwise qualify, you can get a license 90 days after the court conviction by filing an SR22, enrolling...
If I read a letter of a apology to the judge on a DUI in court would it make a difference one way or the other?
I will plea guilty. Some say they do not care how sorry you are that the fines and penalties are written in stone. I had a DUI in 1993. This one my BAC was .11/.10/.09 Thanks for your help
You have posted numerous times about your dui. Do yourself a favor and ask for the public defenders office to be...
I can not afford a attorney and I make too much money for a PD. I will plead guilty on my first DUI ( I had one in 1993}
What will my fines and penlites be? My BAC was .11/.10/.09
Don't be dumb those are winnable numbers. Hire an experienced attorney.
How do i get a interlock on a suspended license in CA?
I need to get a interlock but my license is suspended for 6 months. What do I do?
Contact the DMV and find out if you are eligible. There are several authorized IID manufacturers and then authorized...