Thorp Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Thorp, WA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Thorp Law

If you are on probation for a DUI, can you be on a jury?
I'm currently on probation while I'm on a deferment for a DUI, and I received a letter that I have been been selected for jury duty. I always thought if you were on a probation you were not allowed to be on a jury.
Being on misdemeanor probation will not prevent you from serving on a jury. Make sure you disclose the case, however,...
DUI, I'm 18 years old, BAC of 0.047, I live in Washington, first time offense
I was driving my car more drunk friend home from a party a mile away to our house and got pulled over and had a 0.047 BAC, what are the consequences? I'm 18 and live ok n Washington and this was a first time offense.
I handle these type of cases all the time. I am from Moses Lake WA and you need to have a consultation with an...
Can an attorney represent me for a probation hearing while I live out of state?
After being charged with a DUI following a (manic episode induced) breathalyzer refusal, I received a Wet Reckless conviction. Following the manic episode leading to this and other arrests, my parents moved me down to CA, to help me seek treatment and support me. I have been living here for about 3 years now, and just recently moved within state, again. Upon calling my PO to tell him of this new address change, he informs me that I was supposed to return to WA after my inpatient treatment(?) and have an active bench warrant out now because of that. I have been paying and calling probation every month for well over two years, so this is news to me. I do not live in WA so I am unclear as to what they want me. Any insight would be invaluable.
On a DUI case, or a Reckless that was amended from a DUI case the court will want you in court 99% of the time in order...
My car was impounded for suspension of dui . I was taken to the county jail to take a Breathalyzer test and blew under.
I had a friend in the passenger seat and was not in the vehicle during time of arrest.
Not sure what your question is, but it appears that you have a lot of good issues that could be raised by a competent...
Can i be placed on probation for 3rd degree dwls
my lic was originally suspended for a dui in clallam co in 2008 which is still under appeal. i got a speeding and a dwls 3 in ellensberg in 2012 at which time i was eligible for reinstatement. i have sense been to court in ellensberg seven or more times twice i have been arrested in the courtroom the second time kept in jail 15 days. i recently paid the court $750.00 (all i owed them) in fines, i have got my lic back and got insurance. now they have called me to come back to court on 11/02/2014 and say they are going to give me five more days. i do not understand and apparently my public defender doesn't either because she tells me nothing. any help would be appreciated. thank you, tammy
No one here is going to have any more information than your public defender. To answer your original question, yes, you...
I did an alcohol eval. My referral was sent out that an 8 hour class was what I needed to complete. Probation disagrees.
Can my probation officer deny the referral and make me do more treatment options. She said I lied but I didn't. I was honest and provided all information accurately and truthfully to the counselor. Do I have any options or does the probation officer have complete control over what my treatment program entails.
You must do what the court ordered. Did the court have the evaluation when you were sentenced? If so, you need only do...
Order states that I must get written permission from court to change treatment providers.How do I motion the court?
Deferred prosecution DUI.
Your question shows up in the "litigation" category. You'll get more responses in a "criminal defense" or "DUI"...