Suwanee Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Suwanee, GA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Suwanee Law

Is Ambien a standard prescription drug that the GBI will look for in a Blood test involving a DUI under the influence of Alcohol
I was arressted for DUI for Alcohol. I submitted to a Blood test because the breathalizer was not registering anything. However, I did take Ambien and apparently woke up from my sleep and went for a drive (sleep driving) and then was pulled over which resulted in my arrest. I think I might have told the officer that I had taken Ambien but don't really remember. However, I would think that if I did tell him then it would have been noted in the citation but it wasn't. Only Alcohol was cited as the reason for the arrest and blood test.
If there is no alcohol on your blood and if the officer asked the GBI to conduct a drunk analysis, then the GBI will...
Can a person lose their L1 visa for a first offense DUI?
The person was detained for an improper change lane, and a DUI at overnight. He took a Breathalyzer test and got 0.13. No collisions, no damage, no injuries, no nothing. Just the DUI. Will he be able to re-new his visa L1? The petition for the L1 ends by 2014.
Technically all people on non-immigrant visas are required to obey all laws and failure to do so could result in their...
Is there a form for hardship waiver concerning part of a DUI sentence?
I do not own a car , Liscence has been suspended for 5 yrs , I do not have a job and I lost 95% of my visitation with my children due to the DUI . I need a liscence in-order to have my visitation to be restored and the interlock device is whats left . I tried it for a month but could not get my car to start . So , I was let go from my job . I know that Judges rarely approve these . But everyday that goes by the chances of loosing my joint custody gets greater . I am willing to do anything else that would make the court comfortable . I have a Rule Nisi form but cannot find a modification , revocation or waiver relating to a DUI . Do any of those form exist ?
I advise that you hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. They should hopefully be able to help you get a...
Probation Transfer to Different State with South East Corrections , in Lawrenceville GA
I am on probation , for a 3rd DUI with SEC in Lawrenceville GA , My job is promoting me , with a high paying position , but have to relocate to Houston , TX . I really don't want to miss this out . Is there any way I can get my probation transferred to Houston , TX ? I have Completed my Community Service , And Have got my Evaluation done .
Yes. You should be able to with the help of an attorney if probation is unwilling to do it per your request. Feel free...
Need advice... Few questions about getting a GA DUI
I got pulled over for failure to maintain lane and failed the field sobriety tests and the breathalyzer. I blew a .160 and got the intent to suspend notice. I mailed a letter and am waiting to get a date for the ALS hearing. Do I need a lawyer for the ALS hearing? I work full time and don't think I can get out of this charge. Is there any way my job could find out about this as long as I don't miss work and have no commercial driving obligations? Do they typically drug test you at any point? I've never even got a speeding ticket or been in criminal legal trouble. Should I be doing community service or DUI class or anything before I go to my first court date? This is the stupidest thing I've ever done and will ever do. I'm thankful no one was hurt. Thank you for your help.
Yes you need a lawyer for the ALS hearing.You sya this is the stupidest thing you've ever done. Do not compound the...
Will a person be jailed for misdemeanor possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, no DUI. No use since the arrest last mo.
Stopped for cracked tail light. Nothing fishy about the bust. Prior misdemeanor in 2010 for "theft by taking" restriction made and probation satisfied. There is no money for a lawyer. Court is July 19.
Your question entirely depends on what you negotiate with the solicitor. Be careful, if a vehicle is involved there can...
Can I change my status with a revoked visa caused by DUI charge?
I have been staying in United States with L1b nonimmigrant visa valid until September 2018. Since I was arrested due to DUI three days ago, the L1b visa was suddenly revoked yesterday. It was very embarrassing because I didn't get any conviction yet. But here is more complicated issue that my employment with L1b visa sponsor will be expired before the court date. Thus, I'll not be able to be in United State on the court date. On the other hand, I've got an job offer from another company and the company can sponsor my status change from L1b to E2 employee. Q1: In case, if I apply the status change before the termination of current employment, could the application be denied due to the revocation of current L1b visa or DUI charge? Q2: If it is denided, should I leave United State at the point of denial? Q3: If I have to leave United States after the denial, is there any ways which I can stay to attend in court and clear the case? I want to clear my case for possible next visa application.
You have to be in a valid status to change status. You should leave the U.S. if you are out of status.