Sterling Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Sterling, VA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Sterling Law

How do I get a DUI from 2014 expunged from my record in VA?
I received a DUI after leaving my residence in a hurry and to save my life. I was being severely abused by my husband and we had a daughter together. She thank goodness was at my parents house, I dropped her off there Friday night. I went back home Friday night so I wouldn't alarm him and so I could pack up our things on saturday and leave while my husband was gone. It was saturday afternoon and my husband left as usual to go work out and he was usually gone for 3-4 hours on those days. So I had a plan to leave while he was gone so things wouldn't esculate again. I had a broken rib and in pain from his prior attack. I had a few glasses of wine but wasn't planning on driving anywhere. I was packing things up very quickly so I could leave with my father when he arrived in that hour. However, my husband came home early (as if he knew I was leaving) I was upstairs packing a bag and he attacked me again, threw me down the stairs. He was going nuts and yelling, I saw my keys by the door and grabbed them and left running from him. He chased after me, but I managed to get in the car and drive off. I was going to my folks when I slipped on ice and hit a parked car. cops came?
You don't say whether the case is still pending or has been resolved. In order to be eligible for an expungement the...
I want to renew my DACA but I got arrested for being drunk in public, would that be bad to do it?
I already have a reckless driving in my record and the drunk in public is going to get dismissed , but It'll be after I renew my DACA. Would I have a problem with that?
Your question should be addressed with an immigration lawyer if by DACA you mean Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals....
Is my 2nd dui i dont want to go to jail can i ask for hauase arrrest
2nd dui crash my car my blood level was 0.14 i just
Rarely is house arrest instead of active jail granted by the courts, especially in DUI cases. Your situation sounds...
Will i be drug tested at court for a reckless driving charge?
I was picking up two of my friends at mcdonalds. I was parked and when they got in i was pulling out when i turned to quickly and clipped a parked car. There was no damage to my car other than a flat tire but the front bumper came off of the other car No one got hurt though. I wasnt under the influence while i was driving. I was driving with only my learners permit on me and when the cops came i told them that immediatly, just thought it would cushion the blow.. anyway the cops said since i was on private property i was only being charged with reckless driving. They didnt mention anything about drugs or alcohol. I dont ever drive while high but occasionaly i like to smoke. Will they test me at my court date? also what can i excpect punishment wise if i have no prior charges? ps i no longer drive without my permit and plan to pay for both the damage to my car and the car i hit
I would hope that your very detailed and self-admitting posting on AVVO does not lead to a drug test if convicted and...
My wife was just arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and she was severely intoxicated.
Smart should we do?
Advise her to excercise her right to remain silent. If she is in jail, she should know that her personal calls are...
How might my underage possession of alcohol turn out if it is my first offense in virginia?
I was driving my car and had open beer and closed beer laying around. The police gave me a ticket for underage possession of alcohol.due to being pulled over because of a broken tail light,it is my first offense and. I blew a .08 at the time the officer gave me the citation. I'm afraid I'll have to pay a large fine and lose my license for 6 months. What usually happens to first time offenders in Virginia for this? I am 18 years old
You should really consult with a local criminal defense attorney about all of this. Since you have no priors, you may...
Does Virginia offer an alcohol-restricted license similar to the "J" license restriction in Maryland?
I need to get an alcohol restriction placed on a license in Virginia similar to the "J" restriction in Maryland. This is NOT a restriction on driving times/purposes, just a restriction that you can't have ANY alcohol in your system whenever driving. Is it possible to get such a restricted licnese in Virginia?
Consider calling a VA DUI lawyer for a free consultation if no VA DUI lawyer answers your question. You'll be able to...