St. Francisville Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near St. Francisville, LA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

St. Francisville Law

How do you get charged with 2 3rd offense DUI's? What exactly does reinstating original bond mean and how do I get him released?
I have a friend that was arrested on 04/19/2016. He has 2 charges that are exactly the same, each with a $20,000 bond. In June 2014, he was arrested and convicted of 2 DUI offenses. On 02/28/2015, he was charged with 3rd offense DUI. I can't find anything showing him being arrested on that charge. On 09/26/2015, he was arrested and charged with 3rd offense DUI. On 01/07/2016, court documents reflect him being in DWI Court. On 04/19/2016, court documents reflect that "the Court vacates the judicial release, reinstates the defendant's original bond and orders the defendant taken into custody."
This is not something an online attorney can help you with. You need to hire an attorney.
We are planning to move to texas, can we reinstate it there? or what we are going to do? we are so confused.
My husband had DUI way back 2012 and his Driver's license was suspended for 90 days. He took class and done with service and cleared it with court. But today he wants to renew it, but the OMV said his license was suspend since march 23,2016 till December 23,2016 without notice. we are surprised since we didnt know about it or his lawyer never mention about the 9 months suspension.
He probably has to clear up the suspension before TX would issue him a license.
How can they change dwi 1st I got 5-24-15 to dwi 3.haven't had one since 1-04.and dept motor vehicles says it's 1st again
I got a dwi may 15 2015. First charged with 1st offense. Then they changed it to a 3rd offense.hadn't had one since Jan 2004. How could this be
Can't tell you that without looking at your specific record. Sounds like this is a very serious case. Contact a local...
Is it legal to get arrested for leaving the scene, when the person is in fear? And DWI for drinking after she got home?
My sister Dropped me off at home and on her way home(which is less than 1mile from my house), Decided to go thru fast food, for a late nite snack!(fast-food place is 1/2mile from her house), while in the drive-thru(the exact time was 10:20pm,,,,when then people in the car in front of her jumped out yelling that she had ran into them! she immediately felt trapped and threatened, she searched for her cell and could not find it! (I had grabbed her cell, by accident, when I got out of her car) scared&frantically looking for her cell, she panicked when the driver of the other vehicle tried to open her drivers door, she put her car in reverse, then drove immediately back to my house. But I was on my way to give her cell back. She was convinced that the people in the other car was trying to harm her and she was alone with no phone! She then drove to her house&thankfully seen me. She started try'n to explain what happened,but was so upset I couldn't make sense of what she was saying. So I told her to take one of her prescribed anxiety pills (Xanax) with acouple glasses of wine. While telling me what happened, the police knocked at the door. They arrested her with leav'n scene & DWI.
You have a long story here. Yes, the charges can be brought. She needs to hire a private criminal defense attorney to...
What do I do to request Article 894? Where do I even go or do I call?
I got my first DWI in West Monroe, Louisiana. I have never been in trouble. I'm currently applying for Law School and taking my BAR in July. I do not want anything on my record. I know my court is set in the city court. I do not know if Article 894 is something I need to go to the DA for and request now before I got to trial or if I should try to get a private lawyer in on it. Since I'm in college and not holding a fulltime job, I just want to be able to put this behind me and still have my future. I am not sure if I ask for a stay at my arraignment or plead guilty or ask can I have a 894.
Before making any decisions you should speak with a DWI/DUI attorney in your area. You can find some here on AVVO by...
How do I go about taking care of this dwi fta?
I got a dwi in Louisiana 13 yrs ago and have a fta. I was in the military at the time and moved shortly after. Thinking it would go away, I did nothing about it. now I'm older and ready to take care of this.
Find a criminal defense attorney that practices where you were arrested. Some states purge old warrants that haven't...
How do I clear up a DUI warrant in another state?
In 2010, I was arrested for a first time DUI in Louisiana. I am a Texas resident and at the time was living close to the border, so I was able to go to Louisiana to attend to pre-trial diversion requirements. Before the program was completed, I became homeless and had no choice but to move further west in Texas to live with my mother, and the case has now turned into a warrant. Cut to present day, I have cleaned up my life, have a fantastic professional career, and my new job will require international travel. My first trip is in about 4-5 months. I can now afford a good attorney. I have contacted the dept of state and I can obtain my passport, but I am concerned about returning to the US and being arrested. Granted, I'll be returning in Texas and not LA, it's certainly possible that I will be arrested upon return at the airport when they scan my passport. What can I do in the mean time from Texas to clear this up? Can I pay fines from Texas to drop the warrant and possibly the charges? Can anyone recommend a good attorney in Lake Charles?
We are not allowed to recommend other attorneys in this forum. You will need to get an attorney there, just to find out...