South Hill Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near South Hill, VA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Person reported missing found

    Wednesday Oct 3 | via 

    A missing person report on a 78-year-old unnamed man living in the 300 block of Safford Road in South Hill was cancelled Friday after the man was found in a nearby shed. On Thursday, the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's office received a report of a missing person.


    Related Topix: South Hill, VA, Mecklenburg County, VA, Nelson, VA, Clarksville, VA

  • Suspect sought in Friday night shooting in South Hill

    Sep 5, 2018 | via 

    South Hill Police are searching for the assailant who shot an unidentified victim in the 100 block of Clay Street on Friday night. Police responded to the shooting call around 9:18 p.m. Friday, Aug. 31. Both the victim and shooting suspect had left the scene, but within six minutes the victim was located near the 500 block of West Main Street and was transported to VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.


    Related Topix: South Hill, VA

  • Indictments issued against 20 defendants

    Aug 29, 2018 | via 

    A grand jury handed down indictments against nine individuals on Aug. 20, including Lashonda Alexander of South Hill, who is accused of communicating a threat about Park View Middle School to Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Deputy Don Blanton. According Major Terry Edmonds with the Sheriff's Office, Alexander allegedly argued with school administrators and the school resource office while at Park View Middle School on Jan. 11. Edmonds said she was there to pick up a family member.


    Related Topix: South Hill, VA, Mecklenburg County, VA, Chase City, VA, La Crosse, VA, Clarksville, VA

  • Deputy helps to save apparent overdose victims

    Aug 29, 2018 | via 

    A Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office deputy helped to save the life of two woman believed to have overdosed, one on heroin and the other on an undisclosed opioid. On Sunday, Aug. 19 around 9 p.m., Deputy Cameron Hatcher was called to the 7000 block of Highway 47 near Chase City where he saw a woman lying in the yard.


    Related Topix: Mecklenburg County, VA, Chase City, VA, South Hill, VA, Boydton, VA

  • Pickpocket suspect tied to Clarksville theft

    Aug 22, 2018 | via 

    The Roxboro, N.C. Police Department has released a newly acquired photo in an appeal to the public to help identify a man said to have been involved in a "criminal matter." While the photos are not clear, the man appears to be the same one believed to have stolen a wallet from a woman's purse at The Cottage Barn in Clarksville on June 5. In both photos, the man appears to be wearing the same plaid shirt, ball cap and glasses Clarksville Town Police said immediately following the theft in June, the suspect or someone working with him used credit cards stolen from the female victim at Bridgeview Exxon and Walmart in South Boston.


    Related Topix: Clarksville, VA, South Boston, VA, South Hill, VA