Salt Lake City Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Salt Lake City, UT or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News


Salt Lake City Law

I have been having issue with my interlock for a couple of days with the cord coming out while my car has been running I reported it to the interlock place and they told me it was ok but tonight I got into my car and it reported Violation operation should I be worried? It told me to bring in the interlock in 7 days and on top of this I am on Porbation for my DUI..
If you are having a mechanical issue with the interlock you need to report it ASAP and get it fixed. That way you won't...
I got a DUI a month before I turned 18 (last October) and to this day I have not received a court date. my license got suspended for a period of 6 months but I have never had a license and now that the time period is over, I would like to get my license, however, I got a letter from the DLD saying I need go get an assessment but when I called, they needed my judge's name and case number but I have not gone to court. I'm also afraid I will get denied for DACA, but when I applied in January, my immigration lawyer didn't include my DUI on the application because it is not on my record.
You need to contact a local DUI lawyer and see if they can be of any assistance. It doesn't sound like they are going...
I was never ordered to have an ignition interlock by my judge. I have a DUI (first one) I have never had a license so when I got my DUI I figured it was long gone anyways. Drove to a gas station got stopped and was arrested for revoked license and Operating vehicle without IID. I've checked with my probation and the judge never ordered me to have one. Where is this coming from?
DMV. It seems like the judge missed the ignition interlock device on the final disposition of your case.
I live in Utah and was convicted of a DUI in 2010, i completed a Prime For Life course and the court copied my certificate for proof. I am wanting to get my drivers license back and the DLD needs proof. I have since lost my certificate and the location i did it at didn't keep a record for some reason. So the only proof i have is the copy that should be on file for my DUI case. Is there any way i am able to request a copy from the court?
It should be available as part of the court docket and on exchange. Just go into the court clerk with your case number.
I was arrested last month for a DUI, I wasn't driving recklessly or anything he said he pulled me over for not having insurance. I had bought my car like 3 weeks ago and gotten my license like a month or so before. Im really nervous because I cannot afford an attorney and I got to defend myself at the hearing. Also, I didn't refuse the tests or cause any problems really. Also, Im 18.
A DUI is very complex and impossible to advise someone how to defend themselves. Hire an attorney. You are facing a...
I attempted suicide taking drugs leaving me behind the wheel not knowing I was even there I went to court was fined and charged with a DUI.I have turned my life around 400 % a Student Counselor, in the movie industry, working on my Bachelor's Degree and about to lose my job because of the time off for this. The judge where I was charged is over a program called RSAC I live in Salt Lake and have to get up to Riverdale every time I see the Judge. I lost my cosmetology license and drivers license making things rough. I went to the orientation yesterday and come to find out this program is going to put me in worse shape. I will lose everything I worked hard for. I have to meet with the judge again tomorrow and I am a wreck. What do I do? I can't go through this
You need a lawyer. Tell the judge you are trying to find one. If you cannot afford one call the public defenders office...
I was pulled over last month for not having insurance on my car when I just bought my car like 3 weeks prior. I am being charged with a DUI, possession of less than one ounce, and no insurance. I'm only 18, and I cannot afford an attorney. Is there a way I can get this a DWI instead of a DUI?
What you can be charged with depends on the elements of the various crimes and which ones you meet. You need to consult...