Rockport Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Rockport, WA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Rockport Law

How much does and indigent waver cover of the cost specifically to the monthly rate of an interlock device?
I am poor, like living under poverty with zero to no extra money per month as a disabled veteran. I am going to get my licence back regardless if it means I no longer can pay food, housing and medical costs. I need to plan on how much ramen I can buy and still afford to drive. I do not drink and do not need a lecture and cannot afford to call an attorney
If you qualify for financial assistance for the Ignition Interlock Device (IID), the DOL states that will reimburse you...
What deals are commonly offered by the prosecutor in this situation?
I crashed my car. When the cop showed up I refused the first breathalizer and took one when he brought me to the police station. It was .045 BAC. I have no previous DUIs. I did have one previous misdemeanor which has been dismissed through the Washington State compromise of misdemeanor. A public defender told me that the prosecutor will probably give me a good deal regardless because it's my first DUI. I would like to travel internationally someday and am concerned about the DUI being permanently on my record.
Based on a .04 you should not be looking at a plea to DUI. Any competent attorney who concentrates their practice on...
What are the consequences of violating my reckless driving probation with a new DUI charge? Should I tell my probation?
A year ago, I received a reckless driving conviction (reduced from DUI), and am currently on probation in Snohomish County. 6 months ago I was arrested for another DUI. I'm currently on active probation with Skagit County for the latest DUI incident, and am also actively pursuing a deferred prosecution. I haven't heard anything from Snohomish County about my new DUI incident. Should I tell them before they contact me? What are the probation violation consequences of this new DUI arrest? Will a deferred prosecution help me avoid penalties in a probation violation hearing? Do the probation violation penalties in RCW 46.61.5055(11) apply to reduced reckless driving convictions like they do for DUI?
I am not licensed to practice law in Washington State, so out of respect for any experienced attorney licensed in WA...
Can I get my license reinstated in Arkansas where I'm moving to with a dui charge 3 years ago in Washington state?
I was charged with a dui 3 years ago, as well as violated my probation about 6 months later. I have been in the process of moving to Arkansas and need to know if it will effect me getting my license here.
Most states require you to satisfy all licensing requirements in the state you are coming from before they will give...
My son is facing a possible Marijuana DUI in WA state, but it sounds really hokey. Should we consult with an attorney?
My son was driving and a spider came down on it's web right in front of him he tried to flick it away and then it came back and he lost control of his van and hit a telephone pole. The officers came out and immediately assumed he was high, they performed a field sobriety test in a ditch. When I arrived the officer had him sticking his tongue out and flashing a light in his mouth (it was dark) and said it was green (his tongue). They said they were arresting him for DUI, he was not taken to the hospital until after 11 pm (the incident happened @ 7:00pm) for blood work. Also, this happened in May of 2013 and he did not hear anything about this until the end of Dec and just recently he was told his blood work was inconclusive, so now they will be retesting the same blood again.
Anytime you have to ask the question should I consult with an attorney, the answer is yes. If it seems shady to you,...
Can you refuse probation on a 2nd DUI in Skagit County in Washington State?
I am not looking to retain legal representation as I'm indigent and forced to use the public defender. I use Marijuana for medical reasons that do not fall under the legal definitions of Washington and fear more trouble if denied access as per the rules of probation. I feel confident that I can control myself in the confines of my cell for the maximum sentence however I know added fines and sentencing for probation violations could exceed the original sentencing terms. I get what I did was wrong and am willing to take the punishment but not over the course of however long they keep me under their thumb. I really feel I'm on a slippery slope into a life of absconding from justice if I'm forced into it. Please help! Can't I just do the maximum and then leave with only fines to repay Was?
I really don't understand your question. You can have the court deny probation and sentence you to the max sentence....
My husband has a DUI and recently spent a night in jail for domestic violence and after that ICE picked him up at our home..
Was he tooken because of the domestic violence? Will he get deported? The charges were dropped by me but he was on his way to court for it when ICE picked him up.
Criminal convictions can significantly impact a non-citizens ability to remain in the United States. You need to have a...