Roanoke Rapids Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Roanoke Rapids, NC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Roanoke Rapids Law

What happens when you get pulled and charged with driving while license revoked.
I had driving privileges every day but on Saturday. I suffer from depression and at my Dr. Appt. Friday she put my on some anxiety medicine. I toke my first dose of Sat and blacked out the rest of the day. I drove that day and ran into an unoccupied car. I don't remember nay of this. I also broke a house window and crawled through the glass.
If you were charged with driving while license revoked, the suspension could be increased. You may possibly go to jail...
Can I drive a car in the state of VA without an interlock device installed if I have a interlock restriction on my NC license?
I received one DUI in July 2008, and plead Guilty. Results : License revoked for 1 year, had 2 years probation, 20 hours of community service, Substance abuse assessment, and 20 hours of classes. I received another DUI in Oct 2009 and signed my waiver and hired an attorney. My attorney put the case off for a year and plead guilty in Dec 2010 Results : License revoked for 4 years, had 3 years probation, 14 days in the county jail, 40 hours of community service, Finger printed for the FBI database, Substance abuse assessment, and 40 hours of classes. After I completed everything that was asked of me I recently received my license back with an interlock device restriction in Jan 2015. I live in NC and my girlfriend lives in VA. Can I get a charge for driving her car in Virginia?
If your license has that restriction on it, it's is certainly possible an officer pulling you over in Va has no idea...
I got a dwi charge careless and reckless charge and under age drinking its my first one will this stop me from joining the army
can i still join
The charges themselves probably won't prohibity your enlistement but the army probably won't take you while you are on...
I have a pending dwi charge from September of 2011. What can I do to get this resolved?
I have a pending dwi charge from sept. 2011 it is now 2017 and I need this resolved. I blew a .09 and I was realeased on my own reconnaissance that night to a friend. My (old) attorney Appealed the conviction and the. I have a "FTC entered in error" on my record which resulted in me getting picked up at my job for jail when I was at court. it was a mess and now it's been 6 years and it's still lingering. I don't want to pay $100 bucks for a consultation if I don't know what I'm getting into.
DWI is a very serious charge and has lasting consequences. You will be better served to retain an attorney to find out...
Limitations on DUI?
I have a friend that had a DUI 10 years ago he was wondering would the steps be the same in him trying to acquire his licenses as 10 years ago. Or are there a statue of limitation on it.
It really depends on how the original charge was handled, the circumstances of the original charge, and the level of...
II want to take my dui classes in Gastonia north Carolina instead of South Carolina ?
I only have 1 thing against my license and that is a dui and I was born in 1965
Did you receive the charge in South Carolina? If so, you want to speak to your attorney there or the ADA to confirm you...
Can I get an old DWI re-opened and reduced to a lesser charge in order to get time served after three years with an IID?
I received 3 DWI's between 1999-2002, two of them back to back. I was ordered to 7 years IID in which I never completed. I chose instead not to drive and get my life back together from addiction. In 2014, I re-applied, was granted a hearing and received a conditional three year restoration. After completing, to my surprise and even my hearing officer, as she was congratulating me on being done, she noticed an issue that had been overlooked of the 1999 offense. She said she sadly must inform me I have to complete 4 more years, but I may have one of the old cases reduced and they would consider it time served. She said she would help any way she could. Since getting my original DWI's which are now 15-18 years old, I started a foundation that provides scholarships to help people get treatment, I opened a sober living house for marginalized individuals and I sit on the board of several addiction advocacy groups and needles to say, have been sober for many years now. What can be done to help me move on?
I don't know if you plead guilty or were found guilty of the 1999 DWI or if you failed to appear and it's still...