Ridge Spring Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Ridge Spring, SC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Ridge Spring Law

Can a State revoke my license for getting a DUI in another state?
I got a DUI in Alabama 14 years ago in 2002. I did everything Alabama asked and paid my reinstatement fee. I traveled to Michigan to help my disabled mother and while there, I got a Michigan license which is required by law even though I had planned to return to Alabama. After that I received a letter from the state of Michigan saying that they are revoking my license because I got a DUI in Alabama, and that I was supposed to jump through their hoops to get it back. This seemed strange to me and I took papers to the DMV in Alabama, and they couldn't understand it either a gave me my license because I fulfilled all the required steps. I then moved to Florida with no problems there, but I had to recently had to relocate to South Carolina, and when I went to change my license from Florida to South Carolina, they told me Michigan put my name in the national data base and in order to get it off, I have to jump through their hoops and pay them to get it removed. This seems like double jeopardy to me, is this legal?
Yes, as long as you drive in that state.
DUI , I should plead not guilty. should I ask for a jury trial and legal council. I am mentally disabled
will my disability work against me. I am a very capable driver but failed the FST because of vertigo and a physical problem with my back which my physician has written a letter to the judge to be considered.
With these facts that you offer up, you owe it to yourself to consult with an attorney.... your attorney,,,, who is...
Son pleading guilty to DUI. Getting treatment out of town. Just got letter he appears in court 8AM tomorrow. It's 8PM day b4.
Son is getting treatment three hours away. He cannot get back in town for court tomorrow morning. What can we do?
Your son needs to hire a lawyer. He can find one here on avvo by clicking on find a lawyer.
I got my first DUI
I didn't take the breathalyzer test but I told the officer that I had a couple drinks
What is your specific question? Most lawyers on here need info
Transferring adsap to PA?
I've been convicted of a DUI in Sc. I'm moving to PA next week and I do not plan on coming back. Can I have the classes transferred?
You may be able to but you need to contact a South Carolina ADSAP representative before you move to make sure there is...
Can I get the state to pay my legal fees if I win my DUI case?
If a jury agrees that the arresting officer failed to follow NHTSA and SLED DUI breathalyzer procedures and finds me not guilty, can I get the state to pay my attorney fees? If found guilty, can I appeal and hire another attorney?
Being found not guilty is an insufficient basis for your legal fees to be compensated by the State. America is a...
If you are in prosses of deportain will the new.law stop it? Even if it your first time dui
Will the new Law stop them from deporting him he has to go back to his 3rd immigration court in june it was his first dui and he has never been in any trouble in the past he has been here 10 years but when they took him he had only 9 years.
You need to speak with an immigration attorney. This is not a DUI question. I have changed the practice area for you...