Rancho Santa Fe Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Rancho Santa Fe, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Rancho Santa Fe Law

Why was a "nunc pro tunc" not part of my plea deal?
Got 6 month restricted license in November 2010 from DMV for DUI arrest. Planned on fighting charge, changed mind and took plea bargain in March 2011. The Court handed me ANOTHER 6 month suspension which started in March. My attorney said there was a mistake and went to Vista to get a copy of the docket with the nunc pro tunc order on it but he didnt see it on the document. Assuming oversight, he asked the Judge, who responded "We don't Nunc Pro Tunc in Vista" and that its a "new policy" circa 2011. He tells me nunc pro tunc is automatic, despite the refusal of the court to oblige us "in writing" and that if pulled over, simply show a copy of his email and my original suspension paperwork and I shouldn't have any problems. Does this seem legit or made-up to cover his mistake? Advice?
Your case reflects the inexplicable result of California Vehicle Code 13352, which applies in this situation. I assume...
Consequences of probation violation for felony DUI
Individual on formal probation for 4th DUI was cited for PC 647(f), drunk in public and has a hearing for the new charge. This is the first probation violation (for this most recent DUI conviction), is this person looking at jail time? What are the likely consequences?
This person needs help. 4 DUIS and now a drunk in public. Hire an attorney and get into a rehab fast.
DUI Case
My sister had a DUI and went to court and was given classes and other things she needed to complete before a certain date, since that time she has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer and has been unable to complete the court orders. She has been given extensions from the classes that she needed to attend. Is it possible for the courts to throw the order out due to her condition and if so how would we go about getting that done?
She or her attorney would have to go into court and speak to the judge directly. DA will oppose any modification of...
Is it possible to get a wet reckless after being convicted of a prior DUI?
What if it is a third offense? Can I get a wet reckless if I previously had two DUI (VC 23152(b)) convictions over the last two years.
Anything is possible but very unlikely. This is a 3rd DUI and you are facing 120 days of custody and possible...
If I am convicted of a VC 23152(b) and another misdemeanor offense two months later will I have a probation violation?
My DUI and other misdemeanor offense occurred very close in time and I just want to get the cases over with and not drag it out any longer. Will I have a probation violation if I plead guilty to the DUI and one month later plead guilty to the other offense?
If the second offense happened after you were sentenced on the first, yes.
In 2001 I got 2 DUI'S back to back. Judge was mad he gave me 45 days. Since then i never fixed my SUSPENDED LICENSE. In 2011, I got my first DRIVING ON A SUSPENDED LICENCE. A month later I got one more . Judge was mad gave me 5 days. This year i got a 3rd one, plus Evading a DUI checkpoint, I made a U turn before I was trapped. -At the light and i was pulled over a block away. I was being charged with the following - VC14601.2 (A) VC14601.1 (A) VC16028 (A). I missed court and, now have a warrent of arrest, BAil: $5000.00
It is not unlawful to avoid a checkpoint, so that won't enhance punishment. That's the good news. Bad news is that a 3d...
What does it mean when arrested for dui and only a complaint was filed?
My boyfriend was arrested on forth dui. He was released to me and received no ticket and there was no bail. All he had was a court date. He did not show. Now there is a bench warrant for 100,000 !
A complaint was filed and he had a court date, what more do think he was entitled to? Now he has even bigger problems....