Presque Isle Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Presque Isle, MI or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Presque Isle Law

I was arrested for a DUI after filling out a job application. I have been offered the job. I don't know if I should tell them.
I didn't lie on my application and I haven't been sentenced yet so it's not on my record. I just need some advice as to what I should do.
Did the application ask about any pending criminal matters? Did it ask about felonies? Misdemeanors? If they did not...
How can I get my fiance out of jail
My fiance received 90 days for a driving on suspended first offense and for not showing up to court she turned herself in but her lawyer did nothing to help her what can I do
Little you can do if she's already been sentenced. Maybe can do a motion to modify the sentence, but you should try to...
Is there any course of action to take to remove a felony OWI third from my record?
I received 3 OWIs, resulting in a felony conviction, first in 2002 at 17. During this time period , I graduated from college and gained full-time employment. After receiving the OWI third, I quit drinking and have maintained sobriety. In that time I have received early release from probation and graduated with a bachelor's degree. I have put forth every effort to better myself, to no credit to the state of Michigan, I have become a reformed person. Expungement is not an option, can I appeal a prior OWI for a new result, challenge the constitutionality using the 8th amendment, draft legislation for introduction to the legislature, etc? I am desperate, the stigma, employment issues and loss of gun rights for a non-violent offense seems excessive. I am looking to hire someone if competent.
See the other answer I gave to your question. In short, the answer is no.
Can you get probation on a drunk & disorderly charge?
Gettin charged with a domestic violence, no proof r evidence, said that I could take lesser charge of drunk & disorderly with 6 months probation. Just didnt think there was probation with that?
Hi, thanks for your question. Who was it that said the "lesser charge" is open to you? Your attorney or the prosecutor?...
What will most likely happen after a DUI while on probation for non DUI misdemeanor
Got into a accident that was not my fault no one hurt but blew 1.7. I have the arraignment tomorrow which I plan to plead not guilty and get a lawyer (should I go with a appointed?) I have been on probation for over a year for theft over 1000. What is most likely going to happen?
The high BAC drunk driving will treat you as though the first offense does not exist except for purposes of creating a...
I have a DUI in 2004 never seen the doctor to draw my blood also went to the doctors and a half hours later after drinking 2 bee
After 18 months I took a guilty plea even though I was not guilty with the lawyer telling me I can have it expunged after 5 years that was a lie and when I went to the courthouse they changed my records right in front of me
I'm sorry but I do not see a question here. Nor is this medical malpractice. Please restate your question and perhaps...
If my driver's license is revoked in Michigan due to my second D.U.I. will I be able to get a license in California?
My license was revoked for a year due to my second D.U.I. in that period of time, I moved to California. When my time was up, I called the Secretary of State in Michigan to attempt to reinstate my license, however, they told me I'd have to go through a lengthy administrative hearing, and possibly fly back to Michigan to appear. I have been told from a number of semi-reliable sources that because Michigan is not a part of the interstate compact that I would be able to get one in California. Out of the sources that have told me that, some have told me to retake the entire driving test as if I have never had a license before, while others have told me simply to show them my Michigan driver's license and say I want a California one. (Yes I still have the plastic MI license. It's a long story.) I just want to know for sure what my best course of action should be. Any advice would help!
Your best course of action is to clear up your license in Michigan.