Potomac Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Potomac, MD or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Potomac Law

I may have to participate in a PA ARD program but I live in potomac maryland. Is there a reciprocal program in maryland?
While at Penn State an officer entered my apartment and shut off my stereo. Not knowing he was an officer, I asked if I could help him. He turned on me quickly and we pushed each other. In the end, he handcuffed me and I was arrested for assault, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct. No one who witnessed it can believe it. However, I have been dismissed from Penn and have to return home to Maryland yet want to complete this program.
This sounds like a terrible situation for you. Unfortunately, your question is missing some essential details for a...
Will a lawyer get some of those charges dropped so she doesn't have to pay the tickets before or after the court date?
I'm asking a question on behalf on my girlfriend, she received a DUI in addition to other citations like speeding, failure to obey traffic signal, and I think driving without possession of her license. She received all of the above in tickets but hasn't had her court date yet. I don't know all of the details as I wasn't there when the incident occurred.
A lawyer gives her the best chance to lessen the effects of these charges/infractions.
Could my fiancé, who just got DUI, sponsor me for a green card through marriage? If so, what could the complications be?
I am on a temporary work visa, which could be extended and I have the potential perspective of becoming a permanent resident through my employer. In the meantime, I just got engaged. My fiancé is a US Citizen, and just had DUI. Would he be able to sponsor me for a green card through marriage? If so, what could the complications be? Thanks.
Your future spouse's DUI should not cause any problem (with I-130 filing at least :-). Only petitioners who are...
Pending DUI Case: Can I get naturalized if I hand the certified court disposition same day at Oath Ceremony?
I applied for Naturalization and while waiting for the final approval and oath letter, I was stopped for alleged DUI (refusal) and the case is pending trial. However, I have just received my oath ceremony letter today and would like to ask what to do before oath ceremony day. I read that you could not attend oath ceremony and receive naturalization certificate with pending criminal case. My questions? 1) Would a verdict of DUI guilty at trial prevent naturalization per se? 2) I read, is it true, you could attend ceremony if you present certified court disposition of case (dismissal or guilty) to immigration officer! 3) what is the best option to provide the court disposition to immigration before oath ceremony: A) Mail the court disposition to officer before ceremony? B) Come to ceremony with court certified disposition and present it to immigration officer with Form 445 same day? (I am for this last option) Your input would be much appreciated
You will not get to that ceremony until after the certificate is produced to USCS. Even after, you could be denied on...
How do I avoid a guilty verdict for driving without a license on me when I was driving an intoxicated friend?
Driving without a license on me
Unclear if you didn't have it on you or you don't have one
Can I purposefully terminate myself from the ignition interlock program?
I have an interlock device. I have one violation from a few months ago after using a toothpaste I did not know had alcohol in it. I tried to explain to the MVA but they wouldn't remove the violation. Two nights ago, I was going out to dinner and sprayed perfume about 5 minutes before getting in the car. I got in, blew, and got a "fail" result. I washed my mouth out with water and opened the windows, and after the 5 minutes I blew again. I received a 2nd "fail" result. This time, during the 15 minute lockout period, I went inside and brushed my teeth again, rinsed out my mouth again, and after the 15 minutes the machine FINALLY passed me. Will this count as one violation or 2 in one session? How many violations am I allowed before being kicked out of the program? This machine has been nothing but trouble for me, and looking back I wish I had taken the 90 day license suspension, because I don't even really need my car for work or anything important. What would happen if I purposely get kicked out of the program and take a 90 day suspension? I have already had my court date so what's the worst that can happen?
You can voluntarily quit the program. You would go to the MVA and turn in her restricted license and tell them you want...
Arrested for DUI as a passenger.
Good evening, After leaving a work party, my friend (designated driver) was driving us home. We stopped at a gas station, and he ran in to get a bottle of water while leaving the keys in the ignition. Seemingly out of the blue, an officer pulled up next to us, and the rest is history ... Even after my friend ran out and told them he was driving (he showed them his registration, license, etc), the officer didn't believe us. I refused to take any field sobriety tests but took one down at the station. I am a mess right now. I recently got accepted in to Dental School and do not want this on my record -- I am terrified. What am I looking at? Is there any way to get passed this? Thank you!
The facts as you present them offer some hope for possible defenses. You should immediately consult with a criminal...