Pittsburgh Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Pittsburgh, PA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Pittsburgh Law

Can I be convicted of a DUI if I was not in the car?
Charged with a DUI but I was not in the car when the cops arrived nor did I have possession of the keys. Not involved in an accident . Cops came because of a fight.
Maybe. There is not enough information to know the answer to that question. The Commonwealth would have to prove that...
Can I file a Petition for Hardship to reduce DUI fines in Pennsylvania?
I was just placed on disability and was wondering if it was possible to have DUI fines reduced.
Go to the court to see if anything can be done to reduce your files or maybe do community service.
Are there any DUI pro Bono lawyers in Pittsburgh PA?
I had a 2 year suspension for DUI 8 years ago, completed every aspect of requirements multiple times but Penn dot keeps saying it's not in their computers so I have to do it all over again and pay everything again. I have certifications of completions and recipes for everything but they say I'm wrong and have to do it all /pay again although I followed their exact instructions. It been 8 years of Penn dot playing games with my Livelihood and I just need a lawyer to confront Penn dot with evidence of my completions and request my license be reinstated immediately.
I don't believe there are any Pro Bono DUI attorneys, however, there are attorneys who may work with you on a payment plan.
I am out on bond and then was charged for dui will be arrested at DUI court for bond violation will they know help????
Out on bond and was charge for DUI I don't wanna go to jail
Now, know or no? Confusing question. Has the bond been revoked because of the new charge. Hire an attorney to find out.
Is there any way to avoid license suspension after pleading guilty for first offense underage drinking?
My 17 year old son was caught underage drinking. This is his first offense. He plead guilty assuming that was his only option (he did drink a few beers and there was beer in the vehicle, although he was not driving and it wasn't his vehicle). We assumed he would still go to court and he would plead his case. Instead, he received a fine in the mail for $450 and no court hearing. We thought that was his only punishment, but a few weeks later he now received a letter from PennDot saying that the Commonwealth of PA is suspending his license for 90 days. Can he appeal the first conviction with the magisterial district court? Should he also appeal the conviction from PennDot with the Commonwealth of PA? He's willing to do community service and/or take a drinking class or any other punishment. Loosing his license and having his car insurance skyrocket is going to be very difficult. He works a part time job and needs to drive to get to work. Any advice would be helpful and very appreciated.
If he pled guilty there is a mandatory 90 day license suspension that is set by the law. The only option once he...
Can I gain proof of drug use and prostitution with a fake ad?
My 3-year-old's father is using/selling drugs and soliciting prostitutes off craigslist in exchange for drugs and money. I know this from a reputable mutual friend who refuses to be involved. I am worried for my son. Police don't act on this, it's too minor and "heresay," and he has connections with local police. Would it be okay for me to post an ad on Craigslist that he would reply to, and see if he offers drugs in the messages... with the intention of bringing our conversation up in custody court to protect my son? I do not care about criminal charges, I am looking to get my 3-year-old out of a dangerous situation with a drug user and seller, but I want to make sure I'm not doing anything illegal. Thank you.
The better way to do that for use in civil court is to hire a private investigator as well as an attorney.
I am 17 got a dui and on probation I called my PO and it says that number is no longer assigned to then
I went to court and I got charged with a dui lost my liscense for 6 months have 20 hours of community service and I'm on probation till December 29th from last week. My PO said I need to tell her everywhere I go past 11 even if I sleep at a friends house. I'm supposed to go on vacation to myrtle beach with my friends family the 6-13. I was going to ask my PO but when I call her number it says that number is no longer assigned to that PO. I have no way of contacting her.What do I do I'm leaving next Saturday? I know I cannot leave state without her permission I'm not dumb but would she even let me? I was going to tell her she can tak to my friends mom, I would call her every night, and offer to do a drug test when I come home. Please help me!
Call the main extension for the parole department and ask for her. In addition they usually respond to email. If all...