Pacifica Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Pacifica, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Pacifica Law

I had a dui last November. I am now being sued for restitution, 10,000 dollars, and have no property or money. What can I do?
I had a dui last November. No one was injured, and my car insurance paid off the damages to other cars. Now a year later I am being called back into court for restitution, the person who is suing me was one of the owners of the car I hit. It is for 10,000 dollars. I am on welfare and food stamps, have no bank account and no property. I have been doing the community service and dui school. I have been doing everything right since this happened. What am I looking at as far as going to court and telling them I have no money?
Normally in these cases they go after your insurance. Usually your liability is indemnified through your insurance...
How shall i cancel my supervise probation? Should i go back to jail and serve more time instead of 3 years probation? Any Chance
I have supervised probation for 3 years and i can't even go out of states for work. I tried last time with PO and he didn't let me go to east coast for my job. My job needs to travel nationwide. So how shall i do? Let my job lose because of probation? Is there any way and chance to terminate my probation? This is my first crime and very little one. Should i request for more jail time to terminate probation right away. I just want to keep my job and free to go anywhere in US. Otherwise, i have no way to pay the restitution fees of $5000 dollar. I just want to finish this up soon!I already served my jail time at the county jail for 6 months. Just probation made me so annoy for my job!
It sounds like you were found guilty of a felony DUI. To get a felony DUI without prior you must have been in an...
Can i leave the country forever if i have supervised probation in San Francisco in Pacifica, CA
Can i leave the country forever if i have supervised probation in San Francisco in Pacifica, CA
If you are on supervised probation, you will violate that probation if you leave. You should talk to your probation...
Can I be charged with a dui for sitting in my car?
Ok quick question. Im drunk right now and locked out of my house. Fortunately my car was unlocked so I'm currently sitting in the drivers seat of my car which happened to be unlocked. My car and house keys are in my house and not in my possession. I also have an open container in the car with me. I have about 9 months left on my probation from my only dui. I've heard lots of stories about people getting busted and hit with a dui while being parked. So I guess my question is can I still be charged? Or am I ok because I don't have keys on me? I'm in San Mateo county California
To be lawfully arrested law enforcement would have to prove you drove the vehicle while intoxicated. However being...
How do I fight my DMV Hearing after my DUI charges have been dismissed in criminal court?
I was very happy that my DUI charges have been dismissed by DA and Judge in criminal court. However, I still have a pending DMV hearing that has been continued 3 times now because the CHP Officer involved in my original arrest have not shown up to the DMV Hearing 2 times in a row. Note: that the DA agreed to dismiss my case because the CHP Officer did not show up to my criminal court pre-trial hearing My Attorney has subpoenaed the CHP Officer for my DMV Hearing but he has not shown up for both DMV Hearings??!! Also, DMV HO has requested the video of the arrest from my Attorney- which I think is odd because that should not be our burden to provide. My questions are: What are the chances of the DMV Hearing Officer to dismiss my case? Is there a limit to how many times that the DMV Hearing Officer can file for continuance? And if the CHP Officer still continues to not show up, can DMV still convict me guilty? Do we need to provide the video of the police arrest to the DMV HO- as they have requested? What legal info or advice do you have in my situation? Thank you
Best advice I can give you is to talk to your attorney, he/she knows better than strangers on the internet who know...
Documents required to apply for citizenship with an expunged DUI charge
Hi! I am a green card holder and would be applying for citizenship in a year. In Nov 2013, I was charged with a wet & reckless in California with a BAC of 0.1 and had two years of probation and a 15 week first offender class. What are the documents I am supposed to submit along with the I-400 form that are pertaining to the charges? Thank you
You should submit a copy of the police report, judgment and any probation papers that you have. When applying for US...
Is my DL suspended if on my suspension order DL is marked as surrendered?
I was arrested for a DUI however at the station I blew a 0.06 BAC and the officer said since you blew below the limit, you get your license back after release, which I did get without having to pay a reissuance fee. I'm just wondering that means if my drivers license is still suspended as I have it with me right now
I'm having trouble understanding your question. If you received a order suspending your license then, yes, it's...