Pacific Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Pacific, WA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Pacific Law

I got convicted for DUI , gave lawyer 3000 & did not win the case, now want to terminate my probation and he is asking more $$$?
Just to file a motion with the court to terminate my probation, my attorney is asking for more money. I have already paid him 3000 for the case he did not win and again more just to file a motion seems ridiculous? any advice would be great!
Your answer will depend entirely upon what your contract with your attorney stated. Most criminal engagement agreements...
Can you get a dui for anti depressants?
I take 10 mg nortriptyline nightly for chronic pain
It may be unlawful under certain circumstances. It's not unlawful to consume prescription drugs and then drive. It is...
How do I get my car back after an Immediate Roadside Prohibition in Canada, as a citizen of Washington state?
BC, Canada, police say I blew too high in an alcohol BAL device. They then towed my car and physically grabbed my license. I want to appeal but am unsure what to do. How do I get my car back? Washington state already issued me a new license. But I don't want to pay outrageous fees and install a breathalyzer in my car since I don't agree the punishment was deserved. Do I just show up at the tow yard 30 days later asking for my vehicle? Thanks in advance!
This site is about laws in the US. You are asking about laws in Canada. What you should do is contact attorneys in...
Reinstating out of state driving privileges (not license) after out of state DUI
WA state DUI conviction; however, license never suspended or IID required in home state (still have valid out of state license). All court requirements complete and stated to follow home state requirements (which ended up being none). WA DOL stating proof of 4 months compliance with IID required to reinstate WA license, but is it legal to drive in WA with valid out of state license if not obtaining a WA state license?
Call WA DOL. Let them know you're not a WA resident and you want to get the hold lifted because you're not going to be...
I got a review notice for a case from 9 months ago after several months of no contact from the courts.
I was arrested for a DUI in March 2014, and it was reduced to a reckless driving charge in October 2014. I had to do the following to be in compliance, all of which I've done: 1) Pay off (OPD) lawyer fees. 2) 3 days work crew in lieu of jail time. 3) 6 days work crew in lieu of fines. 4) Enroll in/complete alcohol education & attend a DUI victims panel. 5) Not drive with a .08 etc. 6) Not incur any criminal violations. I've not heard from the court since I paid off the last of my lawyer fees, which were on a year cycle starting last April, so it's been four months or so. I've not gotten a single piece of mail indicating I'm not in compliance, and I've not broken the law. Is there any reason this simply would be routine, or is it likely they think I'm noncompliant for some reason?
What exactly does the order say? Some courts bring you back while on probation just to check in and tell you that...
What can happen if I have dui and if I fly in Europa forever
need answer
What do you mean...if you have a pending charge and don't appear?
Can i enter Canada with DUI (No Charges filed)
Almost 2 years ago i was pulled over for DUI and was arrested. I went to the station and took the breath test, where i blew under the legal limit. I was released the next day in terms that i would get a court date later on. i still have not heard back from the court. what i know: My Drivers license has not been suspended or have any limitations. I was able to leave and enter the country, so no warrant our for my arrest. I have ran a background check on myself and it states that there has been no charges filed against me. (just arrest record) Am i able to enter Canada without being denied? or should i wait another 3 months when my statute of limitations expire and then try to enter Canada?
An unfiled DUI charge should not cause you to be inadmissible.