Oxnard Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Oxnard, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Cyma Orchids Donates Orchids-Buena Park High School ...

    Thursday Nov 5 | via PR Log 

    Cyma Orchids partnered with law enforcement agencies and Brea High School to donate 25 live orchids to be used as headstones for the school's "Every 15 Minutes" Drunk Driving Awareness event on April 7 and 8. , a local family owned and operated grower, wholesaler and distributor of high quality orchids and unique home dA cor accessories, partnered with local law enforcement agencies and Brea High School to donate 25 fresh orchid flowers for their use in the "Every 15 Minutes," a two-day, national Drunk Driving Awareness event that was held on April 7 and 8 at the high school and high schools throughout the country.


    Related Topix: Education Etc.

  • Courtroom Roundup

    Oct 22, 2015 | via Ventura County Reporter 

    Trial delayed to January on murder of Oxnard Olympian Ventura County Superior Court Judge David Worley, overseeing the jury trial for Oxnard woman Jane Laut, accused of fatally shooting her husband, Dave Laut, in 2009, has continued the case to January to allow for testing on the clothing Jane wore the night of the shooting. Dave Laut was the athletic director at Port Hueneme High School and a former Olympian who won a bronze medal in the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles.


    Related Topix: Oxnard, CA, Port Hueneme, CA, Simi Valley, CA

  • Oxnard man gets life sentence for 2011 fatal shooting

    Oct 20, 2015 | via My Mother Lode 

    A Ventura County man has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the 2011 shooting death of a man he thought was having an affair with his estranged wife. Twenty-nine-year-old Gabriel Madrigal of Oxnard was shot once in the head on Dec. 30 2011.


    Related Topix: Oxnard, CA, Violent Crime, Ventura County, CA

  • Upshur County man sentenced for burglary of habitation

    Oct 19, 2015 | via KYTX-TV News 

    Robert Wayne Fry, 34, was arrested on January 2 after homeowners caught him leaving the rear of their house on Old Union Grove Road. He was detained until Upshur County deputies arrived and placed him into custody.


    Related Topix: Education Etc.

  • El Nino caused poisonous sea snakes to wash up on Ca...

    Oct 17, 2015 | via Daily Mail 

    Khloe is a 'shell of herself': She gets a visit from her best-friend during 24/7 vigil at Lamar's bedside in hospital - after he finally woke from his coma and said 'Hey Baby' three days after bender Hero Bronze Star combat dog who suffered from PTSD is shot and killed by bicyclist in Wyoming who 'felt he was being threatened' Could this be the beginning of the end for McDonald's? Franchisees say all-day breakfast is a disaster as company struggles to find its way Get ready for 'The Monster': Forecasters reveal El Nino will bring a cold and wet winter but say it WON'T be enough to ease California's drought The pointlessness of the long distance runner: You can run as many marathons as you like but you'll still be fat, say scientists Jeb Bush hits back at Trump's 'pathetic' attempt to blame George W. Bush for 9/11 - 'Say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time' New ... (more)


    Related Topix: Monster, Human Resources, George Bush, World News, World News, Queen Elizabeth, Oxnard, CA

  • Man faces charges in shooting of former Ventura mayor

    Oct 15, 2015 | via My Mother Lode 

    A 26-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder in connection with the shooting of a former Ventura mayor during a residential burglary. The Ventura County Star reports that Alejandro Jonathan Valdez, of Oxnard, appeared in court Wednesday.


    Related Topix: Ventura, CA, Ventura County, CA, Oxnard, CA

  • Oxnard Teen Found Stuck in Chimney

    Oct 14, 2015 | via NBC Los Angeles 

    A 15-year-old Oxnard resident was booked on charges of commercial burglary after being found stuck in a chimney, according to the Oxnard Police Department. The teen was found when Oxnard Police Department officers responded to a call in the 1000 block of Kelp Lane at approximately 3 a.m. Wednesday.


    Related Topix: Oxnard, CA, Ventura County, CA

  • Andres Rodriguez found guilty in Oxnardshooting, due...

    Oct 6, 2015 | via Santa Paula Times 

    An Oxnard gang member will appear in court for a Santa Paula murder, kidnapping and robbery two days before he will be sentenced to a separate incident that could bring him a life sentence. A jury found Andres Rene Rodriguez, 30, guilty September 30 in connection with the attempted murder that occurred in Oxnard more than two years ago when Rodriguez fired on a bicyclist in the La Colonia neighborhood.


    Related Topix: Oxnard, CA, Santa Paula, CA, Terrorism

Oxnard Law

My husband had his 2nd DUI in 1995 in Ventura county. He served time paid fines and attended DUI classes which he never complet
What can be done to get his license. Must he still attend 18 mos of class . Can this be done online or waived because of the time
This must have been his second offense since the court ordered an 18-month class. Your husband will have to complete...
I am on informal probation for 5 years in California for a 2nd DUI....marijuana or any other drugs arent mentioned in my terms.
My terms include not using or possessing alcohol or being where it is the chief item of sale. Submit to breath urine saliva and blood tests if requested by a peace officer or probation officer. As well as submit to blood or Breath test to peace or probation officer for alcohol. I have my medical marijuana recommendation and was wondering if since it doesn't say anything about using or possessing marijuana that it would be allowed.
You should review your probation conditions carefully with your attorney. Even if you use medical marijuana, you...
I was arrested for DUI in California June 2014, blew zero, but stilL arrested, they did not pursue the case but have a year
When filling out a job application do I still have charges pending? I know I am not convicted, but wasn't sure if "charges" are pending till the one year date. I was suspected of drug use due to dilated pupils and blood was drawn, but I know I had not used any drugs.
Charges would be pending if the prosecutor actually started the criminal court process by filing a criminal complaint...
U get a dui 2 years ago and . I dint Went to the alcohol school .Know me probation.officer wants to send me to the school.
I don have a driver lincense .can i with a judge to delete the alcohol school
It's a little hard to understand what you are asking, but it sounds like you want to know if it's possible you can...
DUI at check point process-Will my 'booking record' be public information ? Will my pictures be released to mug shot websites ?
I was charged with DUI (1st offense) at a check point, but not 'arrested'/ not put in jail. The car was impounded, but I was released to go home, after doing the FST and the BAC tests. I was given a booking order for 'photos and fingerprints'. I still have few more days to make the booking appointment. I have no prior history of any offenses. No citations/misdemeanors etc. I am afraid if my picture/details will be made public, and will be available on search results. I am not able to find any proper answers if any pictures (after the booking process) will be made public or not. Can anyone confirm if this 'booking information' is released to such websites ?
Unfortunately, yes. All arrest info in California is a matter of public record. A lot of unscrupulous attorneys buy the...
I am required to do 18 moths program, for a 1995 case, I have been a certified AOD's counselor since 2000, do I have alternative
my last DUI conviction was on 1995, before that I served time in prison for multiple Du I's. In 1997 I went to a rehab and completed a 9 months program. In 1999 I got my license back after DMV told me to do a 3 month program. Then few months later my license was suspended. Recently I went back to see what I need to do and they want me to do an 18 months program. In 1999 I enrolled at the local college on addictive disorders courses and on 2001 I received my certifications. I also have an AS now on Addictive Disorders Studies in the Criminal Justice System, and I am accredited by one largest the state approved organizations. Further more, I have few more classes to complete so I can transfer to an university. I need to know what are my alternatives? I have been sober since 1997.
Your accomplishments and the way you have turned your life around for the better are definitely something to be proud...
How many days are you looking at if you were stopped for a 3rd DUI within 10 years and a BAC above .20%?
There was no accident and not on probation.
minimum 120 days - max. 1 year