Ouzinkie Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Ouzinkie, AK or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Ouzinkie Law

Can my victim plead the fifth because she was drunk and got me charged with dv (assault) (felony)
My gf came home drunk and initiated a fight. I told her to leave and she continued. I tried to pick her up to put her outside and she fought me knocking us both down. I pulled her hair to try and pick her up. She started to yell so I tried to cover her mouth then she bit me, so I choked her. I got her out of the house and she called the police. They are charging me with felony assault and she doesn't want to press charges cause she feels bad and doesn't hardly remember anything. can she plead the fifth because she doesn't remember what really happened.
This is a fairly common tactic but it doesn't always work out so well for the defendant or the alleged victim. Yes,...
License Reinstatement Requirements in Alaska After 1st DUI
I was charged with a first DUI in Alaska on 10/1/13. My license was revoked for 90 days. I also have 3 days jail (remanded to 1/15/14), SR22 and ignition interlock requirement, alcohol classes and a fine. After 90 days, if I have not completed my other requirements yet, can I get my license reinstated?
You have to show you are in compliance with your ASAP (Alcohol Safety Action Program) requirements, which usually means...
Can I be charged with a DUI if the police never witnessed me driving>
I woke up intoxicated at 4:30 in the morning with my friends saying that my car was in the ditch. They told me it has been there since 3:30 in the morning. The police came to my house at 4:46 am and started by saying "It's pretty cold outside, we're are coming in." so they just stepped in my house. They started questioning me and asked if I drove the car there, all I said was "I must have if my friend told me." and they pulled my drunk friend out of the other room, but he surprisingly passed the breathalyzer with a .00 . He did not witness me driving, but the police just got him to state that I was the driver. After being questioned they arrested me for an MIP, and possible DUI. Is there any way around the DUI?
Yes, they can charge you. Operation can be proven through witnesses, circumstantial evidence or your own admissions.
If a vehicle violation that resulted in a DUI is false, can this be reason to fight the case (or lessen charges)?
I was pulled over for a faulty taillight (emitting white light instead of red, policeman said) but he started fishing for DUI & succeeded. I failed field sobriety & breathalyzer tests, & was booked on charges of DUI. But I checked and there's nothing wrong with my lights. Is possible to fight this by claiming that I never should have been pulled over in the first place?
A stop of a vehicle based on false pretenses is grounds for a motion to suppress all evidence obtained as a result of...
Can I get the dui charged dismissed
I'm a military member. I arrived at the golf course on post early to play golf. Got out of the car to set up my gear and had a couple shots from a flask outside of the vehicle. Got back in the car and turned the heater a little later while still waiting to play. MPs did a 'safety check' . Blew a .17 and was charred with a dui even though I had no intent to drive. Is it possible to fight this? If so, how?
Contact a local DUI attorney to see if your case can be fought.
Can a felony dui be reduced to a misdemeanor dui or wet reckless charge?
i recently was charged with a 3rd dui in ten years making it a felony. the first of the 2 prior convictions only fell within the 10 year mark by 24 days. additionally the arresting date of the first conviction was outside of the 10 year mark of the most recent arresting date. i'm looking to get the felony dui charge reduced to a misdemeanor dui charge or a wet reckless charge in a plea bargain. is that possible?
Sure is possible with the prosecutor's blessing. probable who knows?
How Long would i have to wait after a second dui charge to travel to egypt for a vacation
second charge not settled yet just curious
You will need to contact an Egyptian immigration attorney to figure out if your criminal record bars you from entering...