Orondo Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Orondo, WA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Orondo Law

Appealing a DUI
I am now in the third year of an appeal for a DUI. This occurred in a city so it is a Municipal charge. The city did not file their response late (a month after our reply was due) so it once again delayed the case. Given this and the quality of the brief (11 pages) and their utter disinterest in the case what are the possible scenarios of this moving forward. Yes I have an Attorney and I have already spoken to them.. so this is a second opinion matter. The Judge could rule to remand the case back to trial.. in that case the City has again up to 2 years to refile the case... and given what transpired they could ostensibly do that putting the case from 2012 being tried in 2018 or 2019 depending on when the Judge's decision occurs? Yes or No? Then the city will retry a 6 year old DUI? They would and why? The case appeal centers on two issues.. the blood evidence taken w/out warrant and with McNeely the City refused that case as relevant, the second was they did not allow my defense to proceed.. they did not give us blood to sample at an independent lab so as a result I had no way of proving an alternate theory. The case is very complicated.. VERY complicated..
I do not give second opinion on this site. You have counsel. If you need a second opinion consult with another.
If my license is suspended in Idaho for a dui, will Washington add additional suspension
This is my first offense. I refused the Breathalyzer. If I take a plea deal in Idaho resulting in my license being suspended will Washington add on additional suspension?
You should discuss with a Washington attorney, and I am not admitted in Washington. However, generally speaking a...
Can I sue my employer for demoting me as a result of a DUI?
I have a pending DUI and my position requires me to drive 90% of the time. I am a first time offender and even if convicted, I will retain my driving privileges with the use of an ignition interlock device (according to my attorney). Historically my employer has demoted others in this situation into roles that pay less and are stationary, resulting in a large pay decrease. I would like to know if this is legal, considering I would still be able to perform the responsibilities my position requires, no matter what the outcome. I have even been denied the opportunity for lateral moves that are stationary and do not require driving as a primary responsibility. While they do pay for my mileage, I pay for my gas, insurance and vehicle payment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Being arrested for a DUI makes you a liability for your employer. The fact your employer has demoted others, makes...
I got arrested for a dui and the officer never read me my rights. Can't I get off for that.
I got pulled over for dui and the officer told me to blow and i tried twice and said i was doing it right and arrested me for dui. I barely moved and he.said he will break my fingers if i move again. Not once did he read me my right. I got till the 18th to come up with 400 if I want a court date. But cant really afford it. If you think i can get off then i might fight. I need to be able to drive to work.
Whether of not the officer read you your "RIGHTS" isn't a determining factor of being charged with the crime of DUI....
Can I have a pending DUI charge and a violation of a past DUI from three years prior run consecutive jail
I was convicted of a DUI in 2013 , I'm on community supervision for that for five years in January I got another DUI . They are asking 60 days as a violation and 45 for the new DUI. This is my third DUI since 2008. The first was in 2008. The second in 2013 and the current in January 2016 . Can I have the jail terms ran consecutive for the violation and new DUI? The 2013 DUI is in Everett and the new DUI is out of king county in Kent RJC
Yours is a complicated situation. The short answer to your question is probably, yes. The judge will have wide...
Can i get off the interlock device sooner even after my deferred case was revoked?
I have 2 d.u.i on the second one I entered the deferred prosecution probation for 5 years here in Washington state. During my 4th year of probation I was pulled over by police. My license was suspended and I didn't have the required interlock device. Before my first court appearance for that violation i was able to get my license back and installed a ignition interlock device but i still was sentenced. So I was sentence to serve time in jail (45 days). I served my time sentenced in jail. So they revoked my deferred case and have to do the 5 year probation from the beginning with the ignition interlock included. Well my question is can I have the probation time cut off or shorten and also the ignition interlock device too. It has been over five years since I ever drank alcohol . I did all my treatment and is so much money maintaining the ignition interlock. There is many jobs I can't have because of it. Can I have it removed sooner? I can't afford it? But I want to keep my license. My wife is disabled and she relies on me for transportation. What can you advice me to do.? Is it worth it asking for a court appearance? Do I have any chance of getting the interlock off?
The court has the authority to close your probation at any time. It does not have any control over the interlock...
Can I get a Washington state license if I have a suspended license in oregon?
I have to complete an outpatient program to get my license back after receiving a DUI 5 or 6 years ago in Oregon. I completed a 1 year inpatient program but they say it doesn't count. I need my licence now and I also now live in washington.
No you have to be clear in Oregon before wa will allow a license in WA.