O'Fallon Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near O'Fallon, IL or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

O'Fallon Law

How can I check the status of a pending DUI?
I live in Illinois a few miles east of St Louis,MO and about a month ago I was pulled over in Blue Springs, MO (a few miles from Kansas City, MO). I was charged with speeding, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, and DUI. With that kind of distance (250 miles), I cannot appear in court. I did not take a breathalyzer or blood alcohol test. I also recently took a job where I am driving a company vehicle and cannot have this on my record. What can I do to make all of these go away?
You're going to need to hire an attorney in MO.
I'm on probation now and they said periodically they will test my urine for alcohol.What else will they be testing for??
I was arrested for driving while drinking just alcohol not anything else .Just wondering if they'll test for anything else''
It would be important to see the court order as well as the "drop" order prior to speculating.
What are the implications of getting a ticket for "Illegal transportation of alcohol" as a passenger?
I've read a couple questions similar to mine on this site, but it's still a little unclear to me. Me and 3 of my friends got pulled over with open alcohol containers in the car, and we're all 19-20. The driver will be getting more serious charges, but us passengers each got transportation. The cop told us that it won't go against our driving records, and that essentially we pay the $120 fine and it's over, and it's intended as more of a lesson than an actual punishment. However, from what I'm reading, this same charge could lead to much more serious consequences. If we simply pay the fine, thereby pleading guilty, what can happen? If we weren't drinking, would pleading not guilty be a good idea?
No effect provided it is properly reported as a passenger offense.
What do I do now? I already paid and now I have nothing....
In 2012 I was charged with an Aggravated DUI Under the Cannabis Act. I was sentenced the following year to 18 months in ILDOC at 75%. I appealed my case and won the appeal, however, the county is challenging the decision. My lawyer and I were beginning to start to prepare for my case in the event the Supreme Court decides to hear it and he had a brain aneurysm and passed away. I need help. (sp)
I am sorry for your loss. Obviously you need a new lawyer immediately. You can call the lawyer's office to find out...
Does a DUI show up on my criminal record
I got a DUI in 2011, I got court supervision for 2 years and paid a fine
The arrest will show forever on your NCIC/CJIS. It cannot be expunged. If you didn't get a SSS, it is not available...
My boyfriend was drunk and got arrested, what are the chance with a good attorney that he will not serve prison time?
He is charged with one count of aggravated battery on a peace officer for "making contact with the officer" and two counts of threatening a public official, his bond is set at 175,000 and bail at 17,500. I'm 9 months pregnant and want to know if he will be in our child's life.
Wow that is a high bond. I need to know if the officer was injured and what your boyfriend's record is. Most first...
Should I get an attorney from Arizona or Illinois at all?
I drove my boyfriends car back in 2001 passing through from NJ to AZ and he got an "exceed speed construction zone" ticket in the mail. I gave him my DL because I was driving at the time to have the courts send it to me. I never received anything in the mail up until 10/2014. Now it is showing that I have a collection fee, circuit fees and the total jumped to $571. If I had known I would have paid the initial ticket cost. I tried looking up anything on the court's site to see if there was any correspondence information, but nothing. My name is correct on the case info, but my year of my birthday is totally wrong. It says that I am 3 years older than I actually am! Can I fight that? What should I do. I live in AZ and the case is from IL. Can I hire an attorney in AZ to fight the case in IL?
You need to speak with an attorney. That is step 1. Your question is asking which locale is better to hire an attorney....