Norman Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Norman, OK or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Norman Law

What kind of problems would I face if my DUI charges have not been filed yet? Am I able to travel to Mexico?
My dui charges have not been filed yet and I'm traveling to Mexico this weekend on a wedding trip I have to attend
If you have not been charged, you have not been charged. If you are gone for a spell and charges are filed, that might...
I was ordered by the judge to 6 month interlock system on vehicle. dmv has said 18 months. this is not a private intity this is a public service. this is part of what is wrong in our country seems everyone can do whatever they want they just find a loop hole. when the gavel hit and a JUDGE FOR AND IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA SAYS 6 MONTHS THEN HOW CAN THAT BE IGNORED AND OVERRODE BY A PUBLIC INTITY. SEEMS TO ME ITS ALL ABOUT $$ AND NOT ABOUT LAW AND ORDER. SCREWED UP NATION WITH 10 DIFFERENT RULES FOR 1 SITUATION. NO WONDER ITS SO CONFUSING AND I AM UPSET I LOOKED AT THE JUDGE ON MY CASE HE TOLD ME WHAT TO DO THEN I GET A WHOLE OTHER STORY FROM DMV OH YEA BESIDES THE EXTRA FEES ETC. SOUNDS LIKE DBL JEAOPORDY NO WONDER OTHER NATIONS THINK AMERICANS ARE STUPID.
You are angry, and you anger is getting the better of you. You are dealing with a common problem. It exists because of...
Can I fight the DPS about putting a breathalyzer in my vehicle
I have several dui's and completed a drug court program i havedcompleted18 months of treatment and I was wondering if I could beat having a breathalyzer in my vehicle
Drug court and treatment are related to your criminal charges. The DPS statutory requirements covering an interlock...
I accepted an internship offer and they are running a background check. Will my DUI show up?
I live in Oklahoma, I got arrested and charged with a DUI 2 years ago. I have completed my deferred sentence and have completed my 991C expungement process, they said my plea will be changed, record sealed, and can only be accessed through OSBI. If the company I am interning for runs a background check or looks at my driving record, will the DUI show up?
Yes. A 991c is not an arrest expungment. A background through obi for crim. history will show you areezted, charged...
Unpaid fines for dui first defense
Dui 2011 completed all classes and DA supervision probation payments. Got a letter needing to go to court for unpaid fines for 1,600$ and court clerk told me I was not able to make payments until I go to court. Will they make me pay in full or go to jail on court date?
The answer is dependent on why you still owe this much, what you already paid, how long since you paid. I would...
I received a deferred sentence for my second DUI in may 2010. My probation ends October 1 2013.
I have done all community service paid all fine am about to complete 24 hour DUI school have completed VIP and am currently enrolled in the RIDD program. I am randomly tested for etg alcohol tests. If I fail one etg what will happen? I don't plan on doing so but I'm just not very familiar with the test .
Usually when this type of question is asked there is a reason. But assuming there is nothing in your system as you...
Is it possible to move out of state, Oklahoma, to Texas if you are in a drug court program?
On probation for 5 years, felony DUI deferred sentence, was set to be resolved early 2014. Had a job offer in west Texas, lost the offer due to possible HR error. Hiring managers still interested in hiring me. Took loss of job hard, received aggravated DUI. That has now been filed as a felony. Think I have chance to get into drug court, which should get both charges dismissed and sealed if successfully complete drug court? Now the company that denied me is interested in hiring me, but would have to move from OK to Texas. Case has not went to trial yet. May be a couple months. Can I move to Texas now for job if they still want me? If sentenced to drug court in OK, can I transfer that to Texas to complete? Not trying to get out of drug court, just transfer if possible. Thank you.
I suggest consulting with a few local criminal defense attorneys. Most will offer a free consultation and they should...