Nooksack Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Nooksack, WA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Nooksack Law

How do I resolve my dui license suspension after moving out of state?
I committed a dui in Washington and shortly before my probation ended I was told that my treatment provider discharged me for noncompliance even though she had told my probation officer and I something different. Now I am in California and am wondering if I can go to AA or a co occurring group (like I was going to in WA) or do I have to follow California's dui program?
This is a question for your attorney, probation and the court. The court can allow you to do a number of different...
How do I avoid the ignitions lock required by Washington state when you get a DUI in another State?
Last year I got a DUI in Idaho with a Washington state Licence. Have not lived in Washington for the past two and 1/2 years. The Idaho judge did not require an ignitions lock, just classes, volunteer work and fees to be paid. I was never notified that I needed a ignitions lock from Washington. I tried to get my Idaho licence today, and they told me I could not till my suspension was lifted from Washington. I reinstated my licence in Idaho ($500 to do so) two weeks ago and have been driving since, thinking i was legal to drive. Possibly WA has some avenue for me to surrender my WA license and clear the suspension. Also my WA licence expires today.
I am not following your concern/question because you said you got a Idaho Drivers License. I assume that means that...
Is it possible to complete ATR To lift suspension on license in another state?
I committed a DUI and finished probation a while back in Washington. But before finishing probation my officer and I realized I had been discharged for noncompliance from my treatment (even though they had been told otherwise by the provider). I wasn't penalized and was still able to be released from probation. However the hold is still on my license for treatment and/or an assessment and I have moved to California. Is it possible for me to fullfil the DOL requirements to lift the suspension in California? If so can I go to AA or a co-occurring group and have them report back to the DOL?
What has to happen is you need to get an attorney to set this up. You will have to get something from a WA state...
Is an officer required to report the results of a breathalyzer if they are over the legal limit?
I was pulled over in Bellingham and my breathalyzer test was over the limit but the officer did not book me and let me go? I'm just wondering if I should expect something to come of this or if I somehow received a miracle?
Pretty unusual. But it depends on which testing device was used - portable preliminary breath test (PBT) or the...
Can I move to CA while on unsupervised DUI Probation in WA
On WA State Deferred Prosecution unsupervised probation. Have completed all of the required 2yrs of treatment and AA. Released from supervised probation in Oct 2015. Unsupervised probation lasts until Sept 2018. I was laid off of my job in Washington May 2016. Have been offered employment in CA. Can I leave WA and take the job in CA?
You need to discuss this with your attorney. You are able to move, but you will likely need to be supervised by the...
Does a toxicology test break down to what is in the system that specific day?
Accused of a dui with my medication. Refuused sobriety tests due to it snowing raining and icy out and told him I take medication based on that he requested blood. It's been since 2/4 and we still only have a 12 sentence PBT report where he even gets my medication wrong. Showing breathalyzer.000. Still no toxicology report in either. We will be hitting 90 days beginning of May. They gave me stuck on getting an IID and I've never drank as pre trail condition if I want to drive and making me do probation as well until this is over so I'm not driving and have co operated with my PO even though I feel I'm not guilty but am not partaking in the IID as we share a car and my husband drives more than I do i.e. Work and School.
It can take a while to get the blood results back and even if they show only prescription medications you can still be...
It's been 15weeks since a arrest for a "alleged" dui on medications PBT was .000 still no police report or toxicology..
Arrest 2/4 blew .000 no police report no toxicology report it's now been 15 weeks multiple UA's (probation pre trial condition)..never violated anything or come back dirty..I'm in pain mgmnt and those are the only meds I take.(random UA's with random med count)..I guess I'm wondering is this normal for a WSP(WST) to have not written his police report from my arrest on 2/4 based on no toxicology report? Will a judge accept a report written so late (this officer had Vacation end of March as I was trying to obtain the report myself and I have the emails from WSP stating he's on vacation).. I'm from out of state 5 days here full time and was hit with this in the middle of that horrible snow..I'm so confused on why no arrest/police report and still no toxicology... Will I have to keep this going much longer?
You should speak with an attorney about it. You have a constitutional right to a speedy trial.