Nixa Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Nixa, MO or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Nixa Law

Can I get full custody as the father if I live with my parents had 2 dwi but have been the primary care giver
I live with my parents . I had 2 drinking while intoxicated . I had my daughter who is 6 now and just finished kindergarten . I've been the primary care giver . Her mother only sees her a few times a year maybe once a month it has been more frequent lately because my daughter started school . When she has taken her she takes her out buys her a pair of shoes and hasn't paid a dime to take care of her . Can I get full custody . I have witnesses that can testify that her mother said she's doesn't have any kids and told those around her not to mention to anyone or put on social media that she has a child. I am wondering if I can get full custody
If you mean can you keep the mother from seeing the child at all, then probably not based on the facts presented....
Can I be charged with an MIP without a ticket or citation?
I was at a small party, with maybe 15 people. I drank a beer, and just took a few sips out of a second when the cops show up. Some people ran and tried to hide, but I sat down in their clear view and stayed calm. I was respectful and honest the entire time. All he took down was my name and birthday, and he asked if I was 21, my response was no. The follow up question, was if I had been drinking, and I said yes. After a while, everyone felt natures call, and the officer was patting people down before they could use the restroom, but when I went he said "Hey bud, you haven't given me a reason not to trust you. Some of those other guys have been trying to flush stuff down the toilet. As long as you don't have anything on you, you're good." A few hours go by, and he starts to breathalyze everyone. When I go up I tell him that I had full intentions of spending the night at the house, and showed that my car keys weren't on me. The officer had me go sit back down, and he tested everyone else. I did take the breathalyzer at the very end, but he never told me what I blew. He asked if I was spending the night, or calling a ride. But right after he said that, he pointed to my friend, and said "he's 0.00 if you want he can drive your car for you.". When everything was said and done, one person was arrested, but no tickets or citations were issued. The highest ranking officer said some of us should expect letters from the prosecuter. Will I recieve a letter, and/or an MIP?
Here in the State of WA these are common occurances, when there is a party and several names are taken and then they...
Missouri: what's the consequence for applying for a duplicate license if suspended?
If suspension hasn't been processed and Drivers License Bureau issues a duplicate; what's the possible consequences. (the license wouldn't be used for driving)
While you might be charged under the forgery statute if you make some false declaration in writing, what I have seen is...
Is there a way to drop a DUI charge from a Missouri record if it didn't occur in MO?
My husband was arrested for DUI in Minnesota. When arrested, he had a MO license but was going to school and living in MN. He took care of all the MN requirements to reinstate his license, including paying the MN reinstatement fee, but at the DMV in MN was denied due to the fact that MO had flagged him as an 'invalid driver.' He was then told to call MO- now they also want him to take the classes they require and pay the MO reinstatement fees (event though he would not be getting a MO license anyways) even though the conviction took place in MN and all requirements in MN were met, and he lived in MN at the time. Additionally, this took place nearly 2 years after his MO license expired (he had a MN state ID in the meantime- after conviction but for 2 years before trying to get his license back, issued as a MN license). Additionally, MO will require him to carry an SR-22 which MN does NOT require after a DUI; increasing his insurance costs significantly over the next few years. How can we get MO to drop these ridiculous requirement when he didn't live in MO at the time, and the DUI didn't take place in MO either?
He will need an experienced attorney, licensed in MO and familiar with MO traffic court (usually DUI attorneys). You...
What is the likely outcome of a class D felony persistent offender dwi in Missouri with 2 class A misdemeanors ?
My friend has been charged with a class d felony dwi with 2 misdemeanors one driver on wrong side of the road and second driving on a suspended licence. This make his 3rd dwi in a 10 yr span.
The devil is in the details with all criminal cases. A lot depends on where the charges are being prosecuted and the...
Is it possible to appeal a evidentiary diversion revocation hearing's ruling, shall it not be in my favor?
Graduate student- charged with first time DUI in 2014- no record prior. Entered into pre-trial diversion which I completed flawlessly, no failed U/A-Breathalyzer, no missed apts, my D/O concluded my case would be dismissed upon my last appt Dec 2016. In March 2016 I received a notice of revocation of my previously completed diversion. This was due to a police report nearly a year prior that named me in a group of over 18 individuals that were halted by police for being rowdy outside a bar. I was never on bar property. Infact this incident was well over 2000-ft from the bar and I had only showed up minutes before to pick up friends. After explaining to police they took my statement, license, and let me be the first to drive off with the friends I came to pick up (they ended up letting everyone go). My name was on police report, thus it flagged the prosecutor at end of diversion background check. After 18 months of prosecutor plea's my attorney has now set case for an evidentiary hearing. I do not live in the state anymore, and travel frequently as a consultant. I am not guilty, and do not want placed back on div/charged for DUI. If judge rules against, can I appeal? Thx
Some might say you should be directing all of your questions to your lawyer - that is what you are paying your lawyer...
How do I protest the findings of the SATOP interview.?
I am a 45 year old female with schizorphenia. I have never had any previous DWI and this was a someone reporting I hit a curb and having a policeman come to my home and taking in for a breath test. I did the SATOP interview and was very nervous and really didn't know what they were wanting from me. I am now told that I am a level II for repeat or high risk consumers. I am not!! I live in an approved program setting for mental ill persons, I have letters stating from my Doctors, caseworker and program personnel that I am conplinent with all medications and rules. I only have SS and SSI as income which is $754 a month. I pay rent, insurance and buy groceries and person items. I had to borrow money from my guardian to get me out of jail and to hire a lawyer. I think the level II is too severe. I did finish the MADD program.
You can file a petition in the circuit court where the assessment was performed to modify the SATOP requirement. Hire...