Newport Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Newport, MI or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Newport Law

I have full physical custody and shared legal custody of my children. Their mother's boyfriend is a drunk.
The boyfriend has a history of domestic violence as well as drunk and disorderly, b/e and many others. Is there anything I can do to ensure that he cannot pick up my children from school? I do not want my children in danger. Thanks
Get a local attorney that understands family law. You have two fronts you can fight this on. Most schools have very...
If my driver's license is revoked in Michigan due to my second D.U.I. will I be able to get a license in California?
My license was revoked for a year due to my second D.U.I. in that period of time, I moved to California. When my time was up, I called the Secretary of State in Michigan to attempt to reinstate my license, however, they told me I'd have to go through a lengthy administrative hearing, and possibly fly back to Michigan to appear. I have been told from a number of semi-reliable sources that because Michigan is not a part of the interstate compact that I would be able to get one in California. Out of the sources that have told me that, some have told me to retake the entire driving test as if I have never had a license before, while others have told me simply to show them my Michigan driver's license and say I want a California one. (Yes I still have the plastic MI license. It's a long story.) I just want to know for sure what my best course of action should be. Any advice would help!
Your best course of action is to clear up your license in Michigan.
What benefits am I entitled to when hit by a drunk driver in Michigan but live and insured in Ohio?
I was hit by a drunk driver in the state of Michigan. My insurance company through Ohio says they are not a licensed Michigan insurer and therefore I am not entitled to any type of Michigan benefits such as PIP. I do have a bad injury and require surgery and just wondering what benefits and from what insurance company I am entitled too. And are there any benefits from the state that I am entitled too.
This is not a DUI question. You need to discuss this with an Ohio attorney and find out if you have personal injury...
Order to appear 3 years after incident
I was in an accident over 3 years ago. Last week I was mailed an order to appear regarding the charge of DUI. At the time I was over the limit and needed some medical attention. I was never arrested. Now I'm being asked to report to be booked and appear at an arraignment. I'm freaking out now. My life has changed so much in the 3 past years and I don't even know what to do now if I'm facing a serious sentence. Do I have any case for getting this dismissed?
There is no 3 year statute of limitation for pursuing criminal charges if that is what you are asking. You need to...
My mom was pulled over for a dui with a bac of .17 She needs rehab will they give it to her?
My mom has a big drinking problem and has been driving drunk for a long time. This is her first offense and she needs an inpatient rehab program. The offense happened in monroe county michigan. She is currently waiting in jail for her arraignment tomorrow.
As part of the sentence for any drinking and driving conviction, there is the possibility of counseling or...
How do you get your license back after 15 years?
Cousin lost license about 15 years ago - never bothered to reinstate - needs them back because she and her driver have health issues and need doctors... they can't blow into a machine - and those machines weren't even required when she lost her license - How can she get them back without a blow machine that she can't afford and neither can blow into?
It will depend on all of the circumstances. She will have to be able to prove at least for the last few years she has...
DUI situation is difficult. DUI conviction is the state of Ohio. License for 6 mon from 5/20 to 11/17.
I live 2 miles over Mi line. Was told license would be valid in Mi. Receive susp for Mi for 30 days no priv. Ohio restrictive susp comp 6/2. The suspensions now start with Mich 7/13. No work for 1 month. How can I appeal with the Secretary of State quickly. I literally do everything in Ohio, work, dr's etc.. I don't have right to appeal because I live just over mi line?
You probably want to consult with a DUI attorney who is licensed in both states. This sound like a serious headache....