Newland Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Newland, NC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Newland Law

How do I get an under 21 DUI record expunged?
5 years ago I went to pick up a friend's daughter from the police station, at the time I did not speak or read much Spanish but was told to sign a paper in Spanish (I later found out those were my rights written down) and then proceeded to be "taken in" (I was already there) for a dui because I had some alcohol in my system and was under 21. I was told it would be expunged and I could keep my license if I paid the court fee and submitted some hours of community service. I did as told but was recently notified from that I had a record and could not participate, I am confused as in college I had numerous background searches done to work with children and the elderly and had never received any notification of there being a problem. I did a basic online search and two offenses popped up automatically and I am wondering if there is a way I could see those personally, without paying, and the process of expunging them. I have had no offenses since or any traffic violations.
The answer to your question depends on EXACTLY how the case was handled. If you were convicted of underage possession...
Lie detected test
I'm suppose to take a lie detecter test does the results hold up in court
Talk to an attorney immediately. Polygraph or "Lie Detector" tests are not admissible as evidence in North Carolina....
I'm on probation for a DUI, was wondering how to see a judge to lift the probation so I can get a great job out of state.
I'm on probation for a DUI, was wondering how to see a judge to lift the probation so I can get a great job out of state.
If you are on probation for a NC D W I, you start with the lawyer who represented you and ask for help. If you did...
I have a pending dwi charge from September of 2011. What can I do to get this resolved?
I have a pending dwi charge from sept. 2011 it is now 2017 and I need this resolved. I blew a .09 and I was realeased on my own reconnaissance that night to a friend. My (old) attorney Appealed the conviction and the. I have a "FTC entered in error" on my record which resulted in me getting picked up at my job for jail when I was at court. it was a mess and now it's been 6 years and it's still lingering. I don't want to pay $100 bucks for a consultation if I don't know what I'm getting into.
DWI is a very serious charge and has lasting consequences. You will be better served to retain an attorney to find out...
Limitations on DUI?
I have a friend that had a DUI 10 years ago he was wondering would the steps be the same in him trying to acquire his licenses as 10 years ago. Or are there a statue of limitation on it.
It really depends on how the original charge was handled, the circumstances of the original charge, and the level of...
II want to take my dui classes in Gastonia north Carolina instead of South Carolina ?
I only have 1 thing against my license and that is a dui and I was born in 1965
Did you receive the charge in South Carolina? If so, you want to speak to your attorney there or the ADA to confirm you...
Can I get an old DWI re-opened and reduced to a lesser charge in order to get time served after three years with an IID?
I received 3 DWI's between 1999-2002, two of them back to back. I was ordered to 7 years IID in which I never completed. I chose instead not to drive and get my life back together from addiction. In 2014, I re-applied, was granted a hearing and received a conditional three year restoration. After completing, to my surprise and even my hearing officer, as she was congratulating me on being done, she noticed an issue that had been overlooked of the 1999 offense. She said she sadly must inform me I have to complete 4 more years, but I may have one of the old cases reduced and they would consider it time served. She said she would help any way she could. Since getting my original DWI's which are now 15-18 years old, I started a foundation that provides scholarships to help people get treatment, I opened a sober living house for marginalized individuals and I sit on the board of several addiction advocacy groups and needles to say, have been sober for many years now. What can be done to help me move on?
I don't know if you plead guilty or were found guilty of the 1999 DWI or if you failed to appear and it's still...