New Freedom Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near New Freedom, PA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

New Freedom Law

Can you get a dui if you are not in your car.
Can you get a dui if you are drunk inside the store and not in your car?Keys are in car but not in ignition. There is store video footage showing this person driving up to the store. Cops came in store and arrested him.Is a Dui possible if you are not even in your car?
Sure. I mean I suppose you could argue you were drinking in the store?? Depends on a lot of factors but if they find...
DUI - mandatory minimum jail time? DUI court?
I was charged with a DUI. I do know my BAC level but believe it will be second or third tier. I am seeing 72 hours or 30 days in jail depending upon my blood draw. Are those mandatory minimum sentences? Will I defiantly have jail time or is there other options. What about DUI court?
It sounds like this is not your first offense with in the past 10 years, otherwise you may be eligible for ARD. If you...
If the victim in a simple assault case makes a false police statement while being intoxicated. Hurt me at trial.
She has told the DA she lied several times and he still won't drop the charge's. Because he has witness who said that they saw me hitting her was not true like she has stated several times. They saw us struggling over the car keys because I was not going to let her drive drunk. In this case if the the so called victim changes her story on what really happened help me at even with the so call witnesses.
You have not included a question. However, it is a common occurrence for victims to change their story when it comes...
York, PA DUI/Criminal Attorney that's reasonably priced
First DUI (York, PA), he's currently in SCI Camp Hill, he has to serve 6 months for leaving the half way house on state parole which is when he got the DUI. He's pleading guilty to the DUI, pretty cut and dry. Looked into the rules 72 hours jail time and up to 6 months probation is the norm. I've tried contacting several attorney's and have had no luck. Either way too high priced $3,500 + or no responses back. All he wants to do is serve his time and be able to file a continuance after his release date of 9/29/16. His court date is 6/14/16. Not looking for anything free and I know people are busy. I'm trying to find the forms myself online but I'm clueless about this. Any one reasonably priced in York, PA?
Sure many options abound, even out of York county. Use this website and pick a lawyer to have a consult with, good luck....
Do all first DUI offenders have to do 6 months of probation? I'm on the fence to hire an attorney, what will really change?
First DUI- Do all first time DUI offenders have to do 6 months of probation? Of course money is always part of what decision that you make. Trying to see if it's worth hiring an attorney vs going with a public defender. The cop stated that they waited too long to test, beyond the 2 hour mark. The charges are the following: DUI: Controlled Substance - Impaired Ability - 1st Offense 1 75 § 3802 §§ D2* M DUI: Controlled Substance - Metabolite - 1st Offense 2 75 § 3802 §§ D1iii* M Driv While Oper Priv Susp Or Revoked 3 75 § 1543 §§ A S 4 75 § 3361 S Driving at Safe Speed DUI: Controlled Substance - Schedule 2 or 3 - 1st Offense
Trick question. People who are acquitted dont do any probation. You are charged eith drug offenses so you would do 72...
Will it hurt me in any way with child custody or alimony if I had a DUI 2.5yrs ago? ( In state of PA)
I've been clean since.
It may require you to obtain a 5329 evaluation to make sure whatever issues you had when you were arrested for DUI are...
Can I get my arraignment postponed due to lack of representation?
I'm scheduled to be arraigned for underage drinking in a few days. Since there is a possibility of jail time, I have the right to have a lawyer present. I'm holding out hope that I can somehow get out of jail time, but obviously would need a lawyer to do so. I have not found representation yet and the date is fast approaching. Could I ask for the arraignment to be rescheduled for that reason? Or would they just give me a PD?
Arraignment is not a super big deal but you should speak or email with an attorney right away