Monterey Park Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Monterey Park, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Monterey Park Law

I drank 2 24oz beers today if I get tested 4 alcohol tomorrow will it show in my urine test its now 230pm say I test at 1130am?
Work has me in a random drug screen
Probably won't show up, but you need to avoid any additional alcohol (or drugs) until after the test. Drink a good bit...
I have a court date for DUI
Hit a parked car due to black outs, I have a mengenioma. Got arrested for DUI. Passed the breath test that wasn't good enough, cops took me to get a blood test and arrested me. I got a ticket to appear in court then received a letter of court date changing the date three months after the first court date. Should I get an attorney
I'm assuming you did not have any alcohol or drugs in your system? If so, you probably don't need an attorney for the...
How do I get a restricted license after I have been convicted of a DUI
I have been convicted of a DUI and I was able to get a grant for a restricted license by the superior court, however I am underage (19) and wanted to know where I am suppose to go from here in order to obtain my restricted license. Do I still need to file another petition to the DMV?
I would be surprised to find that Ca did not have a process for the issuanceof some form of restricted license or...
Projected Release date
My boyfriend was sentenced to State Prison for 16 months due to his fifth time DUI within 10 years. When I search at the LA County Sheriffs, they state "SP3" which means his paper is in process to Prison, but under the heading "RELEASE", they state the projected release date is 12/12/2009. Does that mean he will be release from state prison on that date? He was sent to jail on 8/21/2009, how come suddenly he can be released so early? Should he be in state prison for at least half of the sentence, i.e. 8 months? Thanks in advance for your advice!
Did he do anytime in county jail while waiting for the case to resolve? Good luck with the situation. Matthew...
If I got DUI in California, can the DUI school be shortened?
I was living in California in 2013 when I got the DUI and received a 9 month school for first time DUI offense under .20 Bac. I am from Florida, and really had no where else to turn at the time and returned home. In the last three years, I completed my fine payment before it was due, served 48 hrs in jail, did mail in probation for 18 months (which was lowered from 3 years because I finished everything else), and did a 60 hour online course, and had an sr22. I can not get a California license without taking the school, and I knew this condition before accepting it. It is now looking like my work will be taking me back to California. Can I make some kind of appeal to have the school time shortened so I can work there? I'm not trying to waive the school, but 9 months is more than is usually given for a first offense with no accident or property damage involved. If I move back can it be reduced to 3 months?
This was listed under education law when it primarily concerns criminal defense. I'm moving it to that area.
Can I get my DUI conviction expunged?
I got a DUI in August 2013 and my 3-year probation started in January 2014. It ends next week. I understand that you can have the conviction expunged under Penal Code 1203.4 PC after you successfully complete your probation. This will be true next week for me. So would it make sense for me go through this process? Also, I got the DUI in Santa Clara County but I live in Los Angeles, so do I need to hire a lawyer that works in that county as well? I can't find the attorney who worked on my case in 2013. Her firm's no longer open. Any advice would be great appreciated.
As long as you completed all of the terms of your probation, you should be eligible. Yes, you should do it, but you...
Can I get my dui reduced if I'm 20 ?
I was pulled over for going up the street without having my headlights on and they gave me a breathalyzer and I blew .10 is there anyways I can have these charges reduced
Yes, but it usually requires an attorney to fight/negotiate for you. Best to call a local attorney and discuss your options.