Mississippi State Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Mississippi State, MS or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Mississippi State People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mississippi State Law

I'm a minor and blew a .04. Under MS law, I am eligible for non adjudication. I have to pay the fine, go to alcohol/driving school, and a 90 day license suspension. I'm aware of that the DUI conviction will not go on my record, but will my insurance company see that my license has been suspended? Furthermore, if they can see that it's been suspended, can they see why it's been suspended?
What you are making reference to is called the zero tolerance for minors law.As a one time/lifetime use those underage...
I want to know is there a way I can pay to get my license also this was my first offense is there any way I can get a lesser sentence?
Some background information: In Mississippi, your driver's license is suspended for a period of six (6) months when...
I also did the full field sobriety test to which I believe to have completed pretty well. I have a squeaky clean record as of now. I just want to know if getting a lawyer and trying to fight the case would be worth it or if I should just pay the fines and accept my punishment. I know you probably need more info about the situation but everything was pretty normal other than the breathalyzer not registering the first 3 times. Any help would be great. Thanks
Get a local criminal defense attorney. A DUI is serious and can have long lasting consequences if you are not properly...
Parents are removing me from insurance because they feel they are at risk of being sued if I were to get in a car accident and hurt somebody else due to DUI. I own and paid for my car in full and the title is in my name.
You will be the only one who is liable, your parents are correct in what they are doing.
HI I live in Mississippi. I received a DUI in October 2007 my attorney plead guilty in April 2008 {I wasn't there because he told me the wrong date} but the abstract says the conviction was April 2009. The lady from the court house said I appealed the case which I didn't because my attorney plead guilty on my behalf. She even had the wrong attorney on the abstract. The attorney on there wasn't my attorney. I really need the correct conviction date on the abstract is there anyway to fix this. Thank you please help im desperate. I was under the impression if you plead guilty you cant appeal the case anyway. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
You may be able to file a Motion to Correct the Judgment, but your time to do this may have already run. If you are...
I got a dui last night and will be moving out of state for school. Will i still be able to move? Can I do the MASAP in another state? Can I transfer to another probation officer in Oklahoma?
The consequences, some of which you have mentioned, only apply should you be found guilty. At this time, you have only...
They assumed my friend was driving when I was. We weren't pulled over, just found as we were parking at a friends. We never left my neighborhood. The officer, for some reason, claimed to see him driving and I assume that's how he filed his report since everything was issued to my friend. He was charged with either a DUI or DWI, and some random tickets/citations for disorderly conduct and the tag being expired on my vehicle. I got away with nothing more than a misdemeanor for disorderly conduct. They didn't test us in any kind of way for alcohol consumption, although I believe they asked him if he would like to be breahalyzed upon arrival to the police station and he declined. He is going to fight these charges in court, since he wasn't driving. Is there anything I have to worry about?
A prosecutor has discretion to change the charges after the time of arrest. For that matter, the prosecutor doesn't...