Metter Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Metter, GA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Metter Law

I got a dui and a wide turn ticket and went to my arranment do I need to pay wide ticket or contest it with the dui case?
If I should pay the wide turn ticket how long do I have in Georgia? Its been past 30 days what do I do if I'm late?
Don't just pay the wide turn ticket. Most courts won't allow you to address just one citation when more than one arises...
My probation case has been closed "unsuccessfully". How do I get my license back?
My probation officer is no longer an employee at the office and they have not explained why and they did not assign another to me. My cased is now closed unsuccessfully. I had paid some money as well as complete comm service and dui school, clinical evaluation etc as my requirements for DUI probation. Who do I contact now to get things straight so I can get my license back?
Contact your local DMV and they will tell you what you need to do.
Can you get a pouring permit in the city of Alpharetta with one dui charge?
I was charged with a dui and just recieved a job serving in Alpharetta. I know the laws are a lot stricter on receiving your pouring permit and I can't find any information online that says what can deny you from getting one. I have no other charges and was wondering if the dui will not allow me to get a pouring permit.
I did a very quick search and it looks like you will not have an issue with a DUI. However, I would recommend that you...
How do I take a DUI course in Georgia for an offense that happened in North Carolina?
I was convicted of a first time DUI in NC. I moved to GA before I completed the adets course. Am I able to do an assessment and take a course here in Georgia that will be acceptable in NC so I can get a Georgia license? Thanks for helping!!!
That would be determined by North Carolina law and regulations. You would need to contact the DMV in North Carolina to...
Criminal falsification of test results by police are routine. One attorney discovered his client's alleged 0.22% BAC was the same exact score that 20 other DWI arrestees had been accused of in a row. There is no way this "coincidence" could have been unnoticed by police.Oftentimes, a government officer will require the citizen to submit to several BAC tests. The government officer might then keep the highest reading and destroy all evidence of the lower readings. Or if all the readings are low, it is perhaps in the government's interest to destroy that evidence ("negligently misplace" it). Use of an alcohol swab before inserting the needle will give a false BAT result. It is more difficult for the government to keep track of the chain of evidence when blood is drawn at a hospital. There are differences in venous blood and arterial blood, depending on time from the last drink. The hospital will probably require a citizen to sign a waiver of legal liability before drawing blood (of course you can still sue if something goes very wrong).
Nothing shocking here. Do you have a question about a case?
Would it be a smart decision working in my favor to get my underage dui case reopened with a paid attorney?
I'm 20 & I was convicted of my first dui on June 1 2016. I was pulled over for an expired tag and speeding in Henry county. The expired tag charge was dropped. My driving record would have been clean because the speeding ticket I got when I was 16 was supposed to clear in June. I read what I believe was a .08 on the breathe test. There was no video on file. I'm in school & have a job and don't want my whole life to be taken a toll on because I made one mistake. Is there anyway that I can get it off my record?
You offer no grounds on which to reopen the DUI case.
Can I get a GA license before my NJ license is suspended for DWI
3 weeks ago I was arrested in NJ for a DWI and I am sure to lose my license. I am mortified that this occurred and am leaving the state. I know I will be required to fulfill all the state imposed punishments NJ hands down to me but I still plan on moving. I want to know, since I still have a valid drivers license in NJ and it has not been taken away, am I able to move to GA and get a license? I know GA does not take part in the Drivers License Compact but does take part in the National Driver Register which is the databases of U.S. drivers who have had their licenses revoked or suspended. So if I switch my license before a conviction or suspension is handed down will I be able to get the license and ultimately keep the GA license even if NJ found me guilty in say 6 months of a DWI?
I"m not sure it that will work of not. Your best course of action is get all this taken car of in New Jersey before you...