Litchfield Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Litchfield, NH or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Litchfield Law

What do I do about the closing of the NH MOP DWI program?
I had my 2nd offense conviction of DWI in 2002 in NH on a 2001 arrest. I went to court back then, and did the MOP program, 3 days in jail, then 7 days at MOP. As per usual, I was assigned counseling for 'after care'. Just the situation I was in, 4 young kids, finances, etc, I have not been able to complete my 'after care'. MOP had told me it would be covered by my health insurance, yet I have never been able to find one that will take it. I had contacted MOP to see if they would accept my seeing a psychiatrist and they would not accept that, reasoning is beyond me, since they have an actual medical degree. Anyway, with the closing of the MOP program this week in NH due to budget cuts, what does this mean for me, and people l
While I do not practice in your state, here is my take on your situation. My advise, if I practiced in your state,...
Is it legal for 2 states to ask for license reinstatement fees after DUI convictions?
I got a DUI 6 years ago in NH as a resident of NH. I once held a Massachusetts license. I've completed all my obligations and paid my $100 reinstatement fee to NH, but they said Massachusetts had a hold on my license. Massachusetts RMV said I had to have a hearing to prove that my DUI arrest was on my NH license. I had the hearing and they confirmed that, but now say I have to pay $100 reinstatement fee in order to get my NH license. This seems like some kind of double jeopardy. Because I once had a Massachusetts license that means I have to pay a fine to them even if the offense didn't occur in that state?
MA may be charging you a fee for reinstatement of your privileges to operate in MA. However, if you had a NH license...
Can I still drive in MA if my license in NH is suspended
My nh license is suspended , I have to go to MA can I drive in mass or will I get arrested
If you get caught, you will be arrested for Operating After Suspension. If you are a NH licensed driver and your NH...
Can I get a hardship license for a 2nd offense DUI(5 years after 1st)?
I was convicted of a 2nd DUI offense(5 years after 1st DUI) in October 2014. I have completed all required programs and paid all fines. Suspension was for 3 years. I have excellent referrals from the alcohol counselor, detectives, and other law enforcement officials I know. I was told by NH DMV that I must provide court documents showing eligibility for a hardship license. At the time of sentencing, there was no hardship license in effect, but as of January 2016, there is now. Is there any possibility of getting a hardship license granted now? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
NH has a new law allowing for limited driving privileges, however it is only available to people convicted of a 1st offense.
Chances of winning dmv hearing and getting case dismissed
I crashed my car. No one saw but cops were called. I got arrested for dui underage and when we got back to the station I signed the form saying I comply with giving a breath test on the intoxilizer 5000. The officer seemed New and when I took the test it came up invalid or error, 4 individual times. i was later(about an hour) asked to take it again and I refused seeing as I had already given them four chances so they never were able to get an actual bac number. They still put refusal on my paper. What are the chances of winning the dmv hearing along with going to trial?
I think your chances of prevailing at the ALS hearing are good. And there's a good chance the breath test will not be...
Where can i find a sample motion to ask the NH District court to reopen a 1989 DUI/DWI case and remove the IDEP requirement?
After 25+ years, NH still has this requirement as pending. I would like a sample motion to ask the NH District court to remove the IDEP requirement since I have not drank in over 10 years. Thanks for any help.
Go to the "NH Courts" website and follow the links to circuit court, district division. Then click on "forms" and you...
I was attacked by a drunk co worker the owner hired this person knowing their history of being drunk and violent can I sue
Lost wages, slandering my name and pysical trama
You may be limited to a workers compensation claim or a claim against the drunk co-worker. Discuss with local counsel...