Leesville Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Leesville, LA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Leesville Law

Can I get convicted of a DUI over three years after I was arrested?
Got arrested for DUI agreed to take pre-trial intervention program.. Failed to finish payment.. Pure over sight and did not complete community service. Happened in May 2013../they are no trying to revoke it in August 2016..//is there a limitation of time for them to be able to do this,? And if so what is the time span? L
Since none of us lawyers have your case or terms of your pti our wild guesses wont help you. surely you had an attorney...
Are ramblings of an intoxicated mad man cause for search? Can closed box/bag/drawers be opened or is it a plain-view search?
While watching our nephew, whose parents were fighting. The father, J, began making outrageous claims about us because he was arrested for entering the house and grabbing his boy when he was told the night before to stay away by an officer. While the grand parents (who we live with) were at the station, my daughter and I were at the house. Officers showed up and said, "sign this paper your fiance's father gave us permission to search" So, I did. during so, they opened closed and latched bags and boxes. One latched box, found under and in the back of a shelf, contained a small amount of weed. We were given citations and OCS were called to investigate us. Later, my father in law said he never knowingly gave consent. They handed him a paper to sign but did not clearly state why.
You have a ton of legal issues here that will only be solved by hiring an attorney who does a lot of motion work.
My son is a soldier at Fort Polk ... he was just arrested for a DUI ... can he be discharged because of this??
Is is his first DUI ... I was told that in Louisiana there is a class he could take to have it sponged from his record.
Locate an experienced criminal defense lawyer in your area, who specializes their practice in DUI DEFENSE, make an...
How do I get a copy of the BAC inorder to get counceling when it has been two years and no help from the MP station.
I need the BAC in order to start my counseling.. yet no one down in Fort Polk will help me, they ask if I am still around the area so I can come in and get it, however when I say I am not there anymore they say that they will help me, sure we can fax it to you but there I have not received anything in 3 weeks I do call them at least once a day but nothing.
If you can't find your answer on Avvo, consider speaking to a local DUI lawyer to answer your question.
Dwi guilty or not guilty
I recently received a DWI in Louisiana, and my options were to either plead guilty or not guilty and get a hearing. I wanted to plea no contest and get a hearing, but that was not an option. I had the gastric bypass surgery done 6 months ago, and it was my first time to drink. I did not feel nor think that I was intoxicated, I had two drinks, and thought that I was fine. When the officer took me in to do a BAC it came out .121, which is astonishing to me. I have no priors of any sort and this is my first offense. I have done research and found that post op patients, because of the smaller stomach, and different of of digesting , do in fact blow higher BAC levels. I can get a letter from my doctor backing this information up, also have found and printed others like this situation online out. Do you think I should plead guilty, or Not guilty and fight it? Thank you.
A no-contest plea has the same effect as a guilty plea. You waive trial, give up your rights, and have no hearing. If...
What happens if you had a DWI 5 years ago and pleaded article 894 and just got another DWI but refused all the test ?
I had my first DWI 5 years ago and pleaded article 894. I just got pulled over last night and was truthful with the officer about where I was going and where I had been. I also told him I had drank two beers. When ask to conduct FST I refused however he did so the pen test. Once arrested I also refused breath test. What's going to happen to me now ?
You refused the test; good. Then you admitted having two beers; bad. Results of eye nystagmus test unknown. You need...
How far back can a court go back too use a dwi against me
had a dwi 7 years ago an it was first afence now they have me charged with 2nd. will it stick
It will stick if the prior judgment and sentence is in order. ask your lawyer to review to make sure its a valid Judgment.