Lees Summit Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Lees Summit, MO or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Lees Summit Law

This morning I failed the BAC test on an ignition interlock device on my car. Since this violates my probation, what now?
first time DUI, one year probation, six months ignition interlock. court ordered by the state of kansas.
Well, it is especially difficult to answer this question as a Missouri attorney that does not practice in Kansas....
My lawyer in mo has not taken care of court dates for dwi and now I have warrants. What is my recourse against this lawyer?
I have a dwi in Jackson county mo and property damages. Tickets were written by sheriff dept. I thought my lawyer was handling everything till I got worried and went to courthouse to find out details on property damage, costs fines etc. come to find out he missed court date and now I have warrant out. What recourse do I have against him ? I have paid all his costs and now get no return call from him. What can I do??
Do everything you can to contact your current attorney. Go to his or her office if you need to. It's possible that...
Got a out of state DUI, how long will it take to get my license suspened here in MO?
DUI charged in Nevada, moved back home to family in MO. Arraignment in a few days. still havent gotten the letter from the MO DMV to suspend my license, it has been a month now since my arrest.
I assume you had a MO driver's license when you got pulled over. It is much more complicated then just saying when...
I live in MO but was ordered to get an interlock device installed for a KS DUI i got in 2010. Do I have to get it?
I live in MO and have all my life. In December of 2010 i got a DUI in KS. I was given probation for a year no license for a year and now they want me to put an interlock device on my car. Since I live in MO and have a valid drivers license do I have to get the device installed?
If MO doesn't require it, and if you don't ever intend to drive in KS, no.
License going to be Suspended soon
I plead no contest to a dui charge in December of 2011 in Kansas (dui arrest was back in 2008, and I have had a valid license since 2008 due to improper paperwork by the officer). At the time of the arrest I had a KS driver's license. Since then I had moved to Missouri and obtained a Valid new license in the state I currently reside. Will my license become suspended in the new state (MO) after Kansas suspends my license? Will I legally be able to drive with my valid current MO license? I just want to make sure I do everything correct and legally, I don't want to be driving on a suspended license and want to put this behind me.
Kansas can suspend your right to drive in Kansas. Missouri is supposed to respect Kansas's revocation and to revoke...
DUI question
Arrested in clay county Missouri for dui, bac of .18 and going 60 in a 45. I need to know if this is my second offense, could it be a felony? Does it have moral turpitude? And could it be a aggrevated dui?
Please review Section 577.023, RSMo. You can google it. It can't be a felony if you only have one prior finding of...
Need to get a LDP but have a 10 year denial need transportation to work that is all
Clay county Missouri felony DWI class D served almost 3 years of 10 year denial. I only need LDP to find work. I am a Chef and there are no jobs in my area or on a bus line that has a schedule that works for me. I am willing to pay for the IID and sr-22
You can get an LDP at any point on the denial (if you meet the requirements). Contact an attorney to help you. AVVO can...