Kannapolis Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Kannapolis, NC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Kannapolis Law

What does the *9 restriction on my nc licence mean
I just got the interlock box out of my car after 3 years
According to some quick research "*9" is a code that tells NC DMV and law enforcement that your license has been...
Is it DWI/DUI/OUI if you start your car in parking lot to warm up while you go back to pay dinner bill?
My girlfriend, son, and I were eating out at a restaurant, i had 5 BIG beers, and i realized my check card was in my car. My son and i went out to get it and he was gonna play his IPAD, while my girlfriend finished her meal. I got my card and started the car and looked up to see a cop posted in the restaurant had followed us to the car. I cut the car off and stepped out to explain to him but he would hear nothing of it and called his "partner" to arrest me. I had no intent to drive the car as my g/f had only one drink and i had yet to go back in and pay for our meal. i was given two FSTs and taken to jail where i blew a .20.
In North Carolina, we only have DWI, Driving while impaired. The key for you is do your actions constitute "driving"...
I was sentenced to a 3 year supervised probation in NC. I am a level 2. Can I get the probation reduced to unsupervised or less?
I was sentenced in Warren County, NC but transferred to where I live in Cabarrus County, NC. I have completed all my classes, pre-paid all fines and fees, and have never missed a scheduled appointment with my PO. I answer every single phone call when my PO calls. I have been in total compliance with my PO and the Probation Terms. The first year of probation is up this May 5, 2015. I was hoping to be able to petition the court to request to have the final 2 years of my probation be unsupervised or even be released.
I would hire a lawyer to handle this for you. A lawyer that is experienced in your neck of the woods will be much more...
I'm from nc.. I have a dui in 2006.. after servicing all requirements I got my license back but last yr I was told my license
Was revoked .. I called dmv they said I needed to have a interlock system... Is there away around this?.. it's been so long...and I wasn't aware of this.
If you have an interlock restriction on your license, there's no getting around it. You wont be able to get a NC...
In November 2010 I was convicted for DWI, 2 within 1 year. I had a court appointed lawyer. I completed 6 months in prison.
I went 5 years without license. Did 44 hours of alcohol assessment classes-completed. Got insurance, got Interlock system in place, got license. Ive had a few fails, some from food. Ive paid all fines. Im worried the DMV will revoke my driving privileges. How likely is this?
You had interlock "fails" for food? How so?? That's a new one. Usually we hear about mouthwash.
Is it possible to successfully defend a DWI case involving a minor accident and with BAC breath tests of 0.09 and 0.08?
Heading home on 601 south after grocery store visit. Driver in front of me stood on his brakes for no reason causing groceries to go everywhere. Continued south and driver repeated his actions upsetting more items. Continued south and driver again repeated actions while I had my attention on the upset items. I struck his rear, no airbag deployed, and pulled to left to verify there were no reason for his actions. I was asked to say partial alphabet, eyes following pen, and portable breath test, and then handcuffed. First blow was .09 and second was .08. I am 60 years old, 5'10", 230 lbs. male. I feel the test is tainted because of 2 different levels and also my body fat slows the absorption of alcohol from the bloodstream.
Short answer to your question is yes. Long answer is that the likelihood of success very much depends on the individual...
I was convicted of dui back in 2009 prior to this I got a job and moved to NYC there was no need to have a license there nor could i afford to have a car at the time I am looking to my options to move back to NC and searching about what it would take to get my license back. The NCDMV says i need a form 508 and that i need to have a year of ignition interlock ... I do not own a car to have this installed in?? Prior to my conviction i had gone to have an assessment but they say they have no record of it. So i have to have another assessment and buy a car and get insurance to sit around for a year with an ignition interlock even if I have no need for a car currently ... my main goal would be to rent a car if i need to travel.
You must have blown .15 or above. This will require 12 months of interlock no matter when you decide to get your...