Hugo Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Hugo, MN or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Hugo Law

I was charged with failiure to drive a vehicle with due care. I'm only 16. Can I get my license revoked until age 18 for this?
This is my first and only driving offense. When the accident happened I was doing under the limit. I did have two passengers when the law states that I can only have one. No one was injured but I totaled my brand new car. Also will taking a defensive driving course or signing up for one help me in any way?
I'm not sure why you are asking this question under DWI category. Maybe you should re-post it in the criminal defense...
How can I be charged with refusal when the officer used his blood kit test and sent it to the lab?
I'm being charged with refusal. After the officer had his blood kit used against me. Blood sample was taken using his BCA kit. The state revoked my license stating I was over the limit but now prosecutor is charging me with refusal. How can this be?
You're right, this doesn't make any sense. Either you took the test or you refused. Get yourself a good lawyer to help...
On unsupervised probation for a misdemeanor dwi and arrested for a misdemeanor 5th degree assault HELP?
The title basically says it all, except I was intoxicated when I was arrested for the assault, I don't know the terms of my probation and my dwi was october of last year. I quit drinking for a month and slowed down completely, I rarely drank. Then I lost my job, my boyfriend lost his, just a lot of stress going on, and I went overboard drinking one night and completely flipped. I don't remember most of it. I am not a criminal kind of person,had a really great job(got laid off) and almost have a position as an International Sales Coordinator. I have had men beat me in the past, and realized I obviously have some unresolved mental issues. I want to get better for myself, so I have registered for some classes. I'm really worried about my probation and just don't know what to do.
First, recognize that anything you say on this site is NOT privileged and can be read by law enforcement personnel, so...
MN WI dwi
I would like to ask I was a resident of Wi for over a year, worked for company in WI, payed Taxes to state of WI, got dwi in WI but did not change my licance over from mn I can prove all of this so how according to dwi law jursdiction that it goes to the state you reside in and have done everything Wi has asked. I am valid in WI how can mn make me do more when to prove residency to get a licance you have to prove you live there I can prove I did not live there
Not sure I see a question here, but I vaguely see a question about where jurisdiction lies to file the dui/dwi....
When I start EHM for 3rd deg DWI will I be drug tested
I was convicted of 3rd deg dwi in Washington co, sentenced to 1 month home monitoring. "no drug or alcohol use" was NOT part of my probation terms, just no drug related or alcohol related. When I go in to fill out paperwork will I have to go on home monitoring that day & do a drug test? (I am a chronic marijuana smoker) Or do they drug test me when I start? What happens if I fail?
I suggest you have a serious talk with the attorney who represented you if you are not familiar with all of the terms &...
MN DL B-card violation
If a person with a b-card was cited for a crime and the police report states they "appeared drunk" but at no time during that citation process were they observed to posses or consume alcohol or asked about or tested for alcohol consumption does that constitute "satisfactory evidence" for a b-card violation? What evidence, if any, is needed in these circumstances?
That report would have to make it to the DPS and somehow connected to your b- card restriction. If this did happen,...
Can I have a "2nd dui in 2 yrs" conviction amended/corrected?
Charged with a second dui within 2 yrs (and pled guilty on a plea agreement. The offense took place June 2014. During a chemical dependency assessment, realized the prior dui charge took place Dec, 2010 (not within 2 yrs). Somehow nobody, including myself, caught this. Can this be amended/corrected?
If this happened in MN the look back period is 10 years not 2. Thus, the result would be the same.