House Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near House, NM or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

House Law

Do I need duì lawyer?
In 1997 I had my last dui ( 4th ) , I lost my drivers license for ten years, it is now 2015, after all these years do I still have to get interlock ? Because way back then interlock wasn't even here yet. Thank You, Lydia Prewitt
Yes, the MVD can look back into your entire driving history and restrict your license. Also, the courts will have a...
How do I clear all this up and get my license for the 1st time in my life!
I used to live in Wisconsin in 2005, got a dui. I am now a resident of New mexico as of 2009. The conviction says I have to take alcohol assesment and complete a class. Wisconsin wants a referal from New Mexico saying I need alcohol treatment, and proof of class completion. I can't get referral because since, I don't have my license and haven't been pulled over for anything in New Mexico and docs say I have no drug or alcohol problems therfore, they cannot give me any referrals it would be immoral. Please help me get my license. I have never had it.
If you can't get the referral, repeat the class.
Do I have anything to argue or can I represent myself and get the case dismissed?
Justia  Ask a Lawyer  Ask a Lawyer Ask a Lawyer 1Review your question Q: Do I have anything to argue in this case and could I represent myself and get the case dismissed I live in the state of new Mexico I recently plead quilty of dwi November of last year, I was in jail for 15 days with another charge of ftp, with 20 days of revocation prevention, I get pulled over in January for speeding and get two tickets, driving on revoked and the speeding ticket. I sat in jail for 4 days before my court appearance. The judge let me out on a 1000 dollar bond I have pre trail coming up this Monday and the public defenders office says they can't represent me in this case with out a 250 dollar payment, even with the police officer saying he would defer the charges and both tickets and the police report having the wrong vehicle color, I was only told by the Prosecuting judge that I was to get my interlock or my license will be revoked, no documentation was sent to my residence.
We can't tell you if you have a case or not to argue without looking at the evidence. You either can pay the PD 250...
Will I be required to get an interlock when getting my NM drivers license?
I was convinced in 2008 of my third offense DWI in Texas. I have since paid all restitution to that state and completed all probation. I now have, for 4 years, a cleared and valid Texas drivers license with no restrictions. I will be moving to New Mexico in April and I am concerned I will be required to install an interlock device when applying for a New Mexico drivers license.
Check with the NM MVD. If you've already served out you time, you should be fine, but states interpreting other states...
How long can I expect DUI classes to take? Can I transfer classes from Colorado?
While in Colorado I was convicted of DWAI. I have priors. Colorado has a lifetime lookback so priors from 12 and 15 years ago count for both sentencing and for DUI class length. If I can move back to New Mexico how long can I expect DUI classes to be? My BAC was 0.09. Also will I be able to transfer the 6 months of classes I already took in Colorado?
This is about the 6th duplicate question posted in multiple states. You need to decide which state you live in. Please...
What are the penalties for serving an intoxicated person. and what would happen if that person later got in a wreak?
I'm a bartender, and I was just curious about laws concerning over serving someone. It's not always easy to determine weather someone is intoxicated. Especially in a dark loud invironment. We do try our best to cut off individuals that are obviously intoxicated. However there has been a couple times where we serve an individual who seemed ok, and immediately discover that person should not have been served.
The answer is that there is civil liability, normally, for continuing to serve an obviously intoxicated person. It is...
Would my husband need an attorney and/or is it possible for him to become a US citizen with two prior DUI's?
My husband of 17 years (25+ as a permanent resident) would like to apply for citizenship. In the past, he had two DUI's. One in approx. 1987 and one in 1999. They have both been dropped from his record at the state level. No incidents since the DUI in 1999. Would this hinder his chances of becoming a citizen or worse yet, cause him to be in jeopardy of deportation? We have read horror stories of that same thing happening to people and are concerned because we do have children. I know that people can apply for citizenship on their own but in this case, would an attorney be required to petition for citizenship?
For simple DUI's, there should be no issue. A person must show five years good moral character. The last incident was...