Holmdel Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Holmdel, NJ or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Holmdel Law

A 1368 passed senate + assembly, will Christie sign it
If he does, how do I apply for interlock device
It will not likely be retroactive. This will more than likely be a law which will be applied as of a particular future...
Can I get an interlock device while my license is suspended?
On the State of NJ MVC website, , it states that for a 3rd and subsequent DUI, an ignition interlock device to be installed during license suspension and for 1-3 yrs following restoration. Does this mean a person would be able to drive during license suspension? If so, how would I get one? I have 4 DUI's, last one was 10 yrs ago
No, it is added protection during your suspension so that if you have a bad idea to drive while under the influence, it...
What is the status of NJ bill S-385 and A-2427 regarding changing penalties for DUI ?
Interlock device and restricted licenses
Still pending. I would not count on a new law very soon.
About 10 yrs ago, I got my 4th DUI and the judge suspended my license for 20 yrs.
I believe that under NJ law this applies to an arrest made in a school zone. I have the police reports which indicate I was not in a school zone. Can I get my suspension reduced?
I do not believe so. Under our current court rules, the PCR (Post Conviction Relief) motion - the one that allows you...
Will I have to disclose a municipal ordinance violation in NJ to graduate schools?
I received a summons for underage drinking in NJ. I was convicted of a municipal ordinance. Will I have to disclose this on graduate school application?
NO. It is not a criminal offense.
What should I do after receiving an underage drinking ticket?
I received an underage drinking ticket (2c:33:15) at PNC Bank Arts Center for drinking from a flask and I have to go to court in September. I'm reading all these penalties online (criminal charge, no less than $500 fine, possible suspension of license) and I do not know what to do. I read online from someone in a similar position as me saying that if I plead guilty I will get a disorderly conduct and a fine. I don't know how to go about any of this, should I also talk to the court clerk for advice? What is my worst case scenario and best case scenario? I am 20 soon turning 21 and I am just freaking out about this.
You should hire a lawyer. The court clerk cannot give you advice, and if he or she does, it is not going to be what's...
I received a ticket for underage consumption of alcohol (2c 33 15). This is my 2nd alcohol related offense. How should I plead?
I was in a concert parking lot with friends, some of who were drinking. An officer approached and asked for ID's. I didn't have mine, so I told him my age (20). He asked if I'd been drinking (I hadn't) and I said no. He kept pushing me to 'just admit it', claiming he could 'smell alcohol on me'. I was lead to believe that if I didn't admit to it, I'd have to go to the station. He said that the ticket would be a $45 fine and wouldn't go on my record, so, I 'confessed'. My research indicates that a 2c 33 15 conviction actually results in a fine of no less than $500 AND a record. I'm livid. Also, I was recently charged with underage possession of alcohol, which I imagine won't improve matters for me in court. What can I do to make the conviction turn in my favor? Do I have any kind of case?
I believe you asked the same question over the weekend. The answer remains the same. Retain counsel and sit down for...