Hollywood Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Hollywood, SC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Hollywood Law

How can I get my record cleared in Florida.
I received a dui in Georgia in 2005 on a Florida driver license which was then revoked. I attended DUI school in Georgia. I live in South Carolina but DMV in SC says that Florida has not cleared my record. I have no charges in Florida and I do not want a Florida license. I do want a license in South Carolina.
It's not clear what you're looking for. It sounds like you want your Florida DMV (FLHSMV) record cleared up. Most...
Within how many hours of stop does an officer have to do blood test for drugs in dui case
i read some stuff about relevant time on the internet
Assuming the officer had probable cause for the arrest, the officer may take blood or urine within 3 hours. Your...
Should I fight my DUI case?
I was recently arrested for a DUI after being pulled over into my driveway. I admitted to the officer that I had two glasses of white wine (Pinot Grigio) that evening, but I refused to take a breathalyzer test. The police also suggested that they smelt drugs, but I do not consume drugs. I allowed them to search my vehicle and nothing was found, of course. The officer did not maranda me but did proceed to throw me onto the concrete and shove my face into the ground as he handcuffed me, I was still not read my rights. I am being charged with DUI and resisting arrest, but I'm not understanding how any of this will hold up in court, should I fight it?
You should absolutely fight it. No question about it.
How will completing the Pennsylvania ARD program affect my ability to get a job in South Carolina?
I was pulled over and charged with a DUI in PA in November of 2013. My bac was .99. This would put me in the lowest tier for the ARD program. Two lawyers recommended that I go through the program, and I did. By summer of 2014 I had completed the program and was able to get the DUI expunged from my criminal record. I am aware that penndot keeps it in my driving history for 10 years. I have recently moved to South Carolina, and may get a job that would involve me driving a company vehicle. I have yet to change my license from a PA to an SC, and am still within the 90 time frame. I assume the company will check my driving history for insurance purposes. How might the DUI with ARD affect that? Since there was no license suspension, does that make a difference?
Depends on the job. No attorney can answer this question for you because its not a legal question. Some jobs won't...
Can I get an exponent after 5 yrs
Implied concentrate on my record
If you are referring to a refusal then it will remain on your driving record for 10 years. You cannot get it expunged....
What all goes on at your 2nd roll call ? How long after your 2nd roll call before you get into court
Felony charges
I am not licensed to practice law in South Carolina, but I will venture to say that what happens in each case and in...
What is the liability for a Coach who releases athletes after practice to a parent who is intoxicated?
Parent picks up athlete after practice which coach does not see at the time. Hears a ruckus outside, goes out to see what is going on, parent is intoxicated husband has arrived , child goes inside with coach (13 Year Old) and tells coach parent is drunk and almost killed her in a head on collision. Husband yells the same to coach. Coach lets dad take child home. Drunk mother laying in dirt is finally coaxed inside. Coach takes mother home.. It is known that this parent has a drinking problem. Place of employment (501c-3) never would support coach calling police to handle situation. Mother begs coach not to tell, moral to the story… I am going to pursue this incident and not enable this mother. Administration ignores problem. Not coach!
Depending on state law, the coach may have a legal obligation to report the incident to Child Protective Services,...