Hillsboro Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Hillsboro, WI or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Hillsboro Law

2nd OWI offense/Being marked as a refusal.
Officer #1. The intoximeter test had already been started he informed officer 2 that the informing accused needed to be read, he read it and I refused to answer if I would submit. Officer#2. I gave a breath sample during the Intoximeter test, the other officer came back and said he didn't read the Informing the Accused had not been read. They then read it to me. Shouldn't they have read it to me first? They said if I refused it everything would be easier in the long run. So I didn't answer, I didn't know what to say. They marked me as a refusal. I did research -because they never gave me my id back- and they never told me if I was a refusal I lose my license for a year. They also stated I sat on the curb before the arrest and wouldn't get up. My two friends saw me get right into the car
Based upon the facts posted, you may have a defense to the refusal, IF you requested a hearing in a timely manner. Don'...
Can i get an underage dropped if i wasn't breathalyzed?
Hi, I just got an underage last weekend in Wisconsin and was wondering what my options were. Here's the details: I was outside my house around 8:30 still light out, and i was just talking to my friend when two cops were walking down the alley and saw a beer bottle in my hand. One stopped and cited me and my friend for underage drinking. However, the cop stated that he didnt right down that i had a bottle and he didn't breathalize either of us. He also said something about a "watch" going on in the neighborhood so he had to give us an underage. I was wondering if there was any possibility of me fighting this charge, i never admitted to drinking either although it was my first beer im almost 20 years old and, turn 21 in 4 months
If there is no hard evidence (e.g. you weren't breathalyzed or given any sobriety tests), you should fight the citation.
Can i get out of this underage?
So i had a bonfire at my house. The cops came and gave a few people underages, i ran and wasnt seen. Two days later, i recieved court days one for underage and other for possession of drug parafenilia. For the underage i want to get out of it cuz its 456 bucks! which is really high priced if you ask me. If they never breathalyzed me, or seen me for that fact i dont see how i got it. My friends said they didnt rat me out, and if they did i dont believe they can go off hear say. Yes it was my house, but my brother threw the bonfire. The drug parafanilia some of my pipes were found in my friends purse and well if it wasnt in my purse with my indentification how did i get a ticket. Once again, Hear say? idk wut to do. Not guilty???? HELP.
Hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered in court to prove the truth. Here's an example. If a police officer...
CDL eligibility after multiple OWI,DUI
I have never had a cdl , I have three DUI's one in 2012 and two in 2014. It was a bad time in my life and I have then been much more responsible. On the rare occasion if I drink I dont drive period. I dont question how many drinks or how long, its anything and no driving. I am running a successfull construction business but need a cdl to transport my equipment legally. Wisconsin says 3 major violations result in a lifetime cdl ban, even if you were in a passanger car. I didnt have a cdl, does this disqualify me from ever getting one? Expungment is out of the question , wisconsin does not do that. The law is unclear if the driver has never had a cdl to begin with.
The federal regulations are not unclear. § 383.51 ("Disqualification of drivers. (a) General. (1) A person required...
Per a DUI court order on 22nd June , my license is revoked for 6 months. Could I appeal to court to reduce now ?
My DL is revoked for 6 months by a court Order on 22nd June. Not able to get a limited/occupational driving license in my residential state for an entry in national registry by Wis DMV. Could I still appeal to court to clear so that I get an limited license?
Whether there is some way for you to get a license in your home state is a question that must be answered by a lawyer...
While under arrest and taken to a hospital can a doctor force medical care on you?
I was arrested for DWI and taken to a hospital, after a brief loss of consciousness, secondary to low blood sugar levels. I was awake, alert and responsive when I arrived at the ER. I refused medical care yet the doctor ordered me held down for a blood draw and catheterization. The arresting officer told the doctor it was a first offense and he had no need for a blood test and there was no warrant issued for a blood draw. Being a Registered Nurse I told the doctor I knew what had happened, low blood sugar, and that I did not want any medical care. My struggle to stop the unwanted medical care resulted in my being charged with a misdemeanor. Was it legal for the doctor to do this?
I practice criminal law and not civil law, so I will analyze your fact situation from my viewpoint. If a judge did not...
Application for MN limited license rejected because of a national registry entry by Wisconsin.What to do?
I have a MN License. My driving privilege revoked by Wis DMV for 6 months. MN DMV revoked for 30 days. Still not able to get limited license in MN for a national registry entry by Wisconsin. Per Wisconsin DMV, the clearance will be given after 6 months. Seems , till then I'll be not able to drive even though MN revoked it only for 30 days. What to do next ?
If this happened on June 22, you could possibly get the case reopened. Whether that will help you or not is a separate...