Greenville Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Greenville, IL or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Greenville Law

Is a dui without a license a felony if it happened 18 years ago?
I got a dui without a license around 18 yrs ago and was wondering if it was a felony and if they could charge me with what the laws are now or if they have to charge me what they were then?
The only way to determine whether you have been convicted of a felony is to review your court record. You can find...
I got my restricted driving permit paperwork in the mail but do not own a car at the moment.
Do I need to have a car in my name before I send in the paperwork for my restricted driving permit? If so and I do not get a vehicle in my name before the deadline of the paperwork do I have to go through all the classes and formal hearing again?
No you just need to designate a car on which to install it. You have 60 days to comply with RDP requirements but in...
Out of state speeding and DWI (alcohol) charges for CDL holder .. what charges would not be reported if I plea them down?
I am an Illinois driver and I was recently arrested for DWI and speeding more than 15 mph over the speed limit in my personal vehicle. Due to Missouri law their suspension will not go into effect until the 15th day after the violation and if I file for a hearing that suspension will not go into effect until the hearing has been decided. I had lumbar fusion (spine) surgery 3 weeks before the arrest and an expert witness believes he can get the results of 2 of the 3 field sobriety tests thrown out due to that. If my lawyer picks the report apart and is able to discount the probable cause for the arrest the suspension from the Missouri DOR will not happen. However, I still have to go to court over the DUI and speeding but without probable cause the prosecutor should be fairly lenient (more)
You state you already have retained counsel. That ethically prevents any reputable attorney on Avvo - or anywhere else...
Do I have to admit to a prior DUI?
I received a DUI in 1999. The judge gave me supervision for two years and told me that it wouldn't appear on my driving record. I received a second DUI and was convicted. Do I have to admit to the first, since it does not appear on my driving record? I have checked and it's not on the court copy. This would change my classification on my alcohol evaluation.
Yes. Or else you could open yourself up to further prosecution.
How to find DUI records
My 6 year old son lives mostly with my ex-wife. She has been on several evening dates recently, and I have heard through the grapevine that she is driving under the influence. Obviously, I fear for my son. How can I find out if she has any DUI's?
Criminal History Records information is only available from the Illinois State Police. Information is located at their...
Getting license back after DUI
What is the average rate for getting license back after DUI? Haven't driven in 7 plus years as I don't have a lot of money. If I get my license back I can get my old job back.
If you are asking about attorney's fees, that question cannot be answered here. Lawyers and law firms set their own...
Auto Insurance Rate for DUI Supervision
Currently under a DUI supervision (first time offender). Plead guilty to DUI since I decided to take breathalyzer at police station. Had my court date and prosecutor and judge agreed to rescind the summary suspension, but still had to put BAID device in vehicle. Received letter from Secretary of State showing suspension was rescinded, off my record, and valid license. Supervision goes to December 2015. Due to the above information, will current auto insurance company or future ones be able to know about this if I complete my supervision with no conviction? I understand that the arrest will never be sealed or expunged and SOS will always show that Summary Suspension on court abstract records. My attorney told me auto insurance companies don't have availability to "court records."
Criminal records are generally public so I'm not sure why your attorney told you that unless your case is to be sealed...