Granger Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Granger, IN or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Granger Law

I was arrested for a DUI due to failing field sobriety testing, but passed the breathalyzer at the jail. Can I be convicted?
After being pulled over for speeding the officer suspected alcohol use so I was administered the basic field sobriety tests, including a portable breathalyzer. Upon the judgment of the officer, including the portable breathalyzer results, I was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving. At the county jail I was administered another breathalyzer test on a large machine by a certified chemical test operator, not the arresting officer. The machine failed to read my alcohol level and the paperwork says N/A as the concentration. From what I could gather the machine was malfunctioning. My questions: Can I be convicted of DUI on the field sobriety testing alone? Are the inconclusive test results at the jail on the official machine enough to account for reasonable doubt in court?
You can be convicted based upon the field sobriety and roadside observations alone. You need to contact a local DWI...
Can the state of Michigan take legal action against a non resident to collect their drivers responsibility fee?
plead guilty to 1st offense dui in Michigan. I intend to comply with all court ordered fines and penalties . I do feel I should have to pay this fee because I intend to never drive in the state of michigan again . I live in Indiana.
Nice try. Yes, they can, if you were court-ordered to pay it. Pay the fee.
What is the meaning of the pink receipt for license i was given? How do get my actual ID back?
I was given a pink slip instead of my license. I need to know what it is for and how to get my actual license.
The pink slip shows that you have been arrested on suspicion of DUI but you have not been convicted yet. They take...
Should I take my Felony DUI charge to Trial?
I was pulled over for speeding 80/70 Passed pen test to eyes and stand on one leg test (not in report for some reason) Red eyes was the reasoning for suspicion on intoxication According to officer I blew just under a .08 (field test) but still had to take me in (again not in report) Report states I was very cooperative I have a witness that will testify that I only had 3 12 oz beers and 2 1.5 oz bar shots in a 6 hour period They allowed the witness to go to a truck stop because he wasnt that intoxicated Jail house I blew a .08 and immediatley requested a blood test they said that I couldn't (not sure on the rules of that) Hope I can get some advice if I should take this to trial or not The plea bargain I got was very low but I dont not feel I was intoxicated at all. Thanks for your time
Whether to take a case to trial is ALWAYS a judgment call. Even a strong case for the prosecutor can end in acquittal,...
Can I be accused of rape when I was intoxicated?
So I was intoxicated over at another person's house but they were intoxicated too but they started to fall unconscious and I didn't realize they were until a bit afterwards so I stopped but I didn't have sex with them. They found specimen inside of them though. Idk what to do bc I wasn't thinking bout it bc I was impaired from the drugs. I didn't have intentions in having sex either before I arrived there sober. I just went over to party with them, nothing more. I never committed a crime before this either and I'm young with a good background. And I already have the love of my life. I'm starting to develop mental problems bc of this and me thinking bout my future. What can I do and will the prosecutor go through with it?
I would not post anything else on any public forums and immediately hire an attorney or ask for a public defender.
I signed a contract while intoxicated.
Is this contract binding? A sales rep for a security company took advantage of my will I was intoxicated and even had drinks with me on 2 separate occasions. I was not properly informed what I was getting too and lied to my wife saying installation was free. Not the case, Since I didn't cancel within 3 days which bidden me to a 5 year contract, which I was not aware of due to my condition. The company is AMP Securities if you want to look up other complains with the BBB.
You should consult with an Indiana Business Attorney to discuss your situation. Your assertion of a lack of capacity...
I had got a dui out of state now where I reside they are suspending my licenses also.
I was in Illinois when I had got my DUI but I live in Indiana. My licenses was suspended for 1 year in Illinois and I completed my evaluation and completed the classes. The car I was driving wasn't mine or insured, I was told it was. now Indiana wants proof of insurance of is now suspending my license. Is there anything I can do??
Give them proof, or hire an attorney that they might listen to more than you.