Gettysburg Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Gettysburg, PA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

  • Death penalty to be sought in 1980 murders of mother...

    Tuesday Jan 12 | via Lewistown Sentinel 

    Prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty against a man charged in the murders of a mother and her teenage daughter during a burglary in central Pennsylvania more than 3A1 2 decades ago. Fifty-five-year-old Abraham Cruz Jr. is charged in Adams County with criminal homicide, conspiracy, burglary and arson in the August 1980 slayings of 17-year-old Deborah Patterson and her mother Nancy Patterson.


    Related Topix: Adams County, PA, Gettysburg, PA

  • Police: Gettysburg man fractured child's skull

    Monday Jan 11 | via Evening Sun 

    Police: Gettysburg man fractured child's skull Michael A. Taylor was arrested and charged after his 11-month-old son suffered a skull fracture Check out this story on A Gettysburg man was arrested and charged last month for allegedly fracturing his 11-month-old son's skull, according to an affidavit filed with District Judge Daniel Bowman. The son of Michael A. Taylor, 26, was transferred from Gettysburg Hospital to Hershey Medical Center on Nov. 3 because of the injuries, according to the affidavit. 5 comments

    Related Topix: Gettysburg, PA, Bonneauville, PA

Gettysburg Law

Does an implied consent warning must be read in pa for second dui? , also, are numerous blood draw attempts allowed for bac?,
Pulled over for suspicion of second dui in pa
It seems like you have a couple of questions here. The first concerns implied consent. Implied consent simply means...
How can adams co. court charge me 8400 dollars for a dui
fine was 1500 but also had to pay prosecution cost?
You answered your own question. While 8400 sounds like a lot you most likely were ordered to pay court costs plus the...
Can I legally drive in Pennsylvania during my license sususpension appeal
I lost my licence for a dui charge. 1st. They suspended my license for 18 months with interlock after a year as if it was my 2nd dui. I'm am currently in the suspension appeal process. Can I still drive until this matter is resolved? I called penn dot to check my status and it says appeal.
Generally, the appeal stays the suspension, however there are exceptions for certain offenses. Additionally, after the...
Why is my license suspended for 18 months when I was charged with a ungraded first offense Dui
I recently pled guilty to a first offense dui at the highest rate. The sentencing guidelines for this charge are 72 hours to 6 months and 1 year license suspension. I have a prior dui over 10 years ago so this one was considered my first offense. I received my suspension paperwork from Penn dot saying my license is suspended for 18 months and that I need ignition interlock for 1 year afterwards. Is there something I can do because bye the sentencing guidelines my license should only be suspended for 12 months and no ignition interlock
I am not licensed in Pennsylvania, but in California, where I am licensed, there often are differences in what the DMV...
I refused a blood test and lost my license in pa for a year. can I get a license and drive if I move to another state?
I served 3 months for the dui and a month of the refusal. Is there anyway I get get a limited license or if I move to another state can I drive there?
You could apply for a conditional license for the limited purpose of driving to and from work, school, or doctor...
I have a question regarding losing my license for a year, its a first time dui offense and i find it ridiculous
Prior backround is simple assault possession of a deadly weapon and now dui and simple possession all misdemeanors
You should talk with an attorney who handles DUI cases where this occurred. Unfortunately if you have a prior criminal...
How do I go about requesting an extension.
I recently got a DUI charge and my preliminary date is tomorrow. How do i go about requesting an extension on the preliminary hearing to acquire a public defender.
At this point, all you can do is go to the hearing as scheduled and ask the district judge for a continuance. Do not...